Came here for the third time for 4 days.
The good stuff were good as always: wonderful breakfast, excellent sauna and gym, lovely bedroom, good WiFi and overall great atmosphere.
We not only don't mind the area - we love it! We are not big party goers but love the vicinity of bars for cocktails, beers and of course the beach and beach club - it was great!
There was significant improvement in the service. It was always highly regarded here in the comments but I never felt it in previous visits. This time the staff was truly helpful, kind, asked us all the time how the stay is going, and every request we made was taken care off very smoothly. This was the best service I have ever experienced and miles better then previous visits.
One bad issue is the inside pool's water - it was clean and clear when we arrived but seemed dirty and murky by the time we left. Couldn't use it on the last day. This happened last time we were there too and I saw in the comments people complaining about it too. It should really be addressed because of the overall high standard this hotel has.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta