“"Exceptional Service"”

InterContinental Malta
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I don't usually or should I say I can never be bothered to write reviews but felt obliged to for this hotel as the service was exceptional! On arrival the staff were very friendly and welcoming and the hotel itself was exceptional. The staff on arrival (I think his name was Malcom) discovered it was my birthday when checking me in and sent a complimentary bottle of Champagne to my room with a birthday card which i thought was really nice. The rooms were a very good size, extremely clean, and cleaned daily. The food was good, although I preferred the dinner buffet as opposed to the set menu and the breakfast which was a buffet all the time was excellent. But most importantly the staff were excellent, the hotel was excellent and located right next to all the clubs and bars and overall I had a very good experience and will def be returning.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter E

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed at the Intercontinental for 3 nights and from check-in to check-out the service was outstanding.
We arrived earlier than check-in time at 11am and were given our rooms straightaway which was nice. The Rooms were spotless and really spacious, the beds were very comfortable with maybe one too many pillows! The bathroom and shower was also clean and large and we loved the speaker in the shower which allowed us to hear music whilst showering in the morning!
The Breakfast selection was fantastic including eggs made to order and plenty of pastries and cakes! We also visited the hotel restaurant 'Waterbiscuit' which is a must, the food, service and ambience was just first class and probably one of the best meals I have had!
Having indulged in so much lovely food over our stay it was great to find a hotel with such a large gym with more machines than I have ever seen! The Swimming pool/Steam/Sauna were also great and not too busy during our stay which was nice.
I would also recommend the Spa treatments available I had a Belanese Massage which was a lovely finishing touch to a great weekend in Malta.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed there with our two kids for five nights as a point to explore Malta. It was really nice place to stay. Despite the fact that a lot of people was checking in when we arrived, the whole procedure runs smoothly. We got a family room, which was really spacious and very clean. Also indoor pool is excellent, especially for small kids, because water is not to deep. Staff at this hotel is really polite and helpful trying to do their best to make our stay comfortable. Breakfast offers a wide range of good food.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The hotel itself is lovely and clean. It is not a traditional small European hotel. We are in the Ambassador program with IHG and so we receive automatic room upgrades. WE arrived on a Tuesday evening and were escorted to our room by Clarence, who I am assuming is a manager. She went above and beyond for our entire stay to ensure our comfort and satisfaction. Our initial room was a Family room and it was rather cramped for our family of five, although it was a large room. Clarence arranged for us to move to a two-room suitewith a spearate living area and bedroom. She insisted on moving the extra bed upstairs as well for our comfort. We saw her the next morning at breakfast and she was wonderful about recommending where we should go on the isands and when to go. Robert, the concierge was also really helpful and nice. Overall, we are very happy with the experience here at the hotel. The breakfasts are great. There is one downstairs but we opted for the executive lounge option on the 15th floor which is a little more exclusive.
My only complaint, and it really can;t be helped by the hotel, is that someone checked in last night (friday) and has been smoking cigarettes in their room nonstop. The smoke has been pouring through our vents We called down to the front desk and they sent their security officer to look through the rooms and find the culprit-unfortunately to no avail. They were kind enough to move us to another room for the night so we could sleep but the room was again a one room suite and we decided not to move all of our stuff to a smaller room. Here I sit this evening again in a room full of cigarette smoke with my three children. Again, there is really not much the hotel can do about the person smoking I suppose, other than installing cigarette smoke alarms. It is just frustrating to pay a lot of money to go on holiday with your family and halfway through it is ruined by an inconsiderate jerk. I might add that every room has a balcony so that a smoker can easily step outside to smoke and every room has a notice clearly written about the smoking policy. I have opened our balcony doors for some fresh air but unfortunately an alarm has been going off for over an hour. I suppose we will have to choose the lesser of two evils.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

The service at the hotel is second to none. The staff are in abundance and are also more then happy to help. The room it self was ok, a 4 star I would say. Random terracotta pot with old twigs hanging out was totally out of place as was the wildlife pictures in the corridors. We did enjoy the water biscuit restaurant and great service considering they were extremely busy. Breakfast was a plenty and staff were topping up your tea and coffee before your put you cup down. however the egg chef couldnt seem to get two fried eggs right, my husband sent them back once and the other just didn't want to make a fuss. I woukd stay for a night again as tge location fir a night iut is perfect.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2014

A well located hotel (large choice of restaurants close-by, easy access to bus routes, and close enough to the sea.
Very friendly staff, and excellent service (free drinks while waiting for our room to be cleaned, they called us up to ask whether about the extra bed we had requested was satisfactory etc.

Only disappointment was the breakfast (good for kids but of average quality considering the number of stars)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My fiancé surprised me for Valentine's Day and booked a weekend break over here.

He wrote down I love you in M&M's and the staff complimented it with rose petals and complimentary champagne and little sweets! Which was a huge bonus to our weekend.

We loved every minute of our stay, the staff are very friendly and helpful, the room was modern and extremely clean. We suggest you go for a stroll starting from the rooftop pool (level 10) all the way down to the garden (level 7) - It was quite a nice walk with beautiful scenery and the sound of the waterfalls will get you to relax in no time!

The reason that I gave this hotel only 4 stars is because of the parking. We found the parking to be a huge hassle when we came back Saturday night after dinner. There isn't anywhere to park and the eden parking was full. Apart from that we didn't like the fact that we have to pay for the parking to stay at a 5 star hotel (as when my fiancé had asked the concierge, he told him that they don't have parking available and that we need to park at the Eden and pay for our parking) What a shame!

What's even more unfair is that in the Eden parking, there were posters that if you opt to eat at one of their restaurants (Paranga) you will have 3 hours of free parking! We were quite disappointed when we found out!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort
Excelsior Grand Hotel
Excelsior Grand Hotel
#5 of 15 in Valletta

Been to InterContinental Malta? Share your experiences!