The staff are good on the whole, but you feel like your just one of thousands of others passing through this large chain. The hotel pool on the roof was great, but for most of our stay a drill from across the road was pounding at the rocks (not the hotels fault).
When we arrived we were given two rooms away from each other, I said I had requested two close by, to which the receptionist said I had not mentioned this when booking. I showed her my request as it was on my booking print off, to which she said she would see what she could do. What she should have said was, sorry sir this was our mistake and apologised. In the end we got two rooms on the same floor but they were about 1 mins walk from one another. With a baby in tow this was not great; a pushchair in this area is not ideal as paceville round the corner is all steps.
My room was a good size and peaceful but the carpet needed renewing and the door frame by the shower was starting to rot. The maid who did the room missed out on her tip as I put it there on Sunday morning, and I'm pretty sure that's the only day she didn't do it. Maybe an envelope drop off point for tips might work better.
On leaving we found mini bar items on the bill which we had not had. We had cooled the baby's bottle and then replaced the items. The whole minibar which charges after 15 seconds of something moving and has an enormous one off fee for empytying it, is a public relations disaster. The girl on reception who checked us out was at least understanding and helpful unlike the other female reception staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta