Booked through Sunspot via Co-op travel. We booked half board and this caused a problem with dining arrangements as we believed we could eat in any of the hotels several restaurants. Did not want a buffet on our wedding anniversary! Hotel said half board was in buffet. Fortunately we had email confirming dining arrangements. It was a Sat night and hotel tried to contact Sunspot ... Eventually met rep on Monday pm!!!!! But back to hotel.... Room booked was superior Panoramic 12th floor which had been refurbished and very spacious and pleasant. Overlooked pool and Gardens. Quiet given hotels location in Paceville. Enjoyed evening drinks on balcony listening to live music from garden before heading out.
Staff were always very polite and helpful... esp. Lara at reception. Malcolm duty manager and a manger Andrea? We met at drinks reception laid on by hotel which was very pleasant in lovely garden. The result was we only ate in buffet on first night and were well catered for by hotel on other nights. Tried most of restaurants. Peranga has a beautiful setting overlooking St George's bay. Both the main restaurant and the one on the beach. Food was average considering prices. We also ate in Al fresco which again was very pleasant in the garden setting. Best of all was Water Biscuit. This seemed quite new with funky modern styling with varied menu and excellent fillet steaks. Good service from initial greeting to leaving. Well recommended!! Also ate in Peppinos in St Julian's ...v good.
Pool area was very pleasant but a lot of kids as it was August. Not the biggest of pools but plenty of sun loungers. Had to buy hotel water in 35c heat!!! Private beach a short walk away. This could get very busy. Some people seemed to have to pay for
beds. Attendants tried to ensure people did not reserve loungers for more than an hour but you always get selfish people.
Location. As other reviews have said. In centre of Paceville v busy with younger people esp. at week-ends. Research room! Near shops, Cinemas, bars showing Sky sports, restaurants, St Julian's , local buses, hop on hop-off buses etc. etc. I think people should check out Trip Advisor before they go rather than complain about location after. Have s look in google maps!! If you want good hotel with nice restaurants, close to amenities this is place to go.
Very enjoyable stay. Might even try another IC hotel on my next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta