“highly recommended!”

InterContinental Malta
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Excellent facility!
Me and my wife stayed there 4 nights.
Location - few min. walk to bus station.Mall ( that opened till late hours) in front of hotel.Around hotel many small shops,bars,disco bars and restaurants.
Service - hotel personnel work great. Everything done quick, I didn't wait more then few minutes.
Facilities - breakfast very good , apartment big and nicely equipped,fast elevators , indoor and outdoor swimming pool, sauna and steam room, Turkish Hamam. As a guy that doing sport on a daily bases I was surprised to see fully equipped gym ( size of L.A.Fitness or Gold's gym affiliate).

Bottom line: me and my wife highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Decent location. Hotel location and basic 5 star amenities helped get us the basics of our trip requirements - beach (little designer beach :) ), taxi stand, concierge for some questions, etc. Although we did not do much in Saint Julian's aside from getting into the beach / bay, it was nice to live closer to the beach than to have to visit the beach from somewhere else in Malta. We spent our time visiting M'dina, Valleta, the old sites, Marsaxlokk, etc. etc. Concierge is particularly good and gave us good introductions to sailing boat captains and other info.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I visited this hotel for business purposes. My company had a big meeting for a week, with a lot of work involved, nonetheless the staff was always friendly, available and quick.
The location of the hotel is beautiful as it is next to the sea: St George's Bay in Saint Julien, Malta. It was half an hour by taxi from the airport. There is a lot of hustle and bustle around the hotel, with chain restaurants and shops nearby.
The checkin was very quick, friendly and clear.
The room was big and mine came with a balcony with a view on the terrace and pool. I couldn't see the sea from my room.
The toiletries were ample, though not special. Everything was very clean. There was a tv. There was a lot of space in the room, on top of the two double beds. There was a desk as well as a table and chair. there was an ironing board in the room, a minibar with usual products and fair prices (wine 5.50, water 2.90). The only thing that took me a while was find information on the pool and welness services as there were several informative brochures around.
The bathroom was spacious with a bath and separate shower, blowdryer and ample towels.
A bathrobe was available as well as two pairs of slippers.
Use of the wellness centre appeared to be free, open from 9 to 20. Also the fitness centre was included. Wellness centre consisted of sauna, turkish bath, indoor pool and many treatments for additional fees. The outdoor pool was also free and both indoor and outdoor pools were big enough to actually swim (15-20 metres). The outdoor pool looked lovely and had a view on the sea.
I liked that I could leave the balcony door open, there were no mosquitos (in April).
I was woken at 5.30 am as my neighbour was holding a teleconference and I could hear every word he said. The following nights I was fine with earplugs.
Breakfast had a very wide choice of anything one could imagine and of good quality. Just to name a few: full English with streaky or normal bacon and choices of all kinds of eggs. Pancakes, several kinds of yoghurts. Many fresh fruits peeled and cut. Juices. Bread, about 5 types. Pastries. All ingredients for a German breakfast, including 5 types of pickles, cheese, ham. Toast. Porridge. Granola. it took a long time to see all breakfast items.
Although the breakfast room was full you didn't have to shout to hear each other.
Staff came around with coffee and tea very often and was friendly. Also they took your empty plate away quickly. Special to see enough staff with such a big group at breakfast, I've rarely seen that before.
We made use of a big meeting room where technical facilities were good as well as temperature. it was a bit chilly, but as this is so difficult to get right I thought it was a good result.
Lunch at the breaks was always served ample, good quality and choice, very friendly service. even when restaurant was closed I was allowed to get a coffee from the machine out of friendliness.
Room service at dinner was bad quality and I didn't finish my food. The lady who brought it was friendly though.
Dinner as a buffet on terrace was a nice atmosphere, friendly staff again and well organised.
Sleep quality was good (apart from noisy neighbour). 5 types of pillows to choose from, soft blankets, good matress.
Dinner at one of the hotel restaurants was excellent (La paranga, see separate review) and highly recommendable.
Even the cleaning team was friendly. I was on the balcony when they came but asked them to proceed. They dedicated about half an hour to cleaning the room even though I was staying another night. and cleaned it well.
Internet was provided for all our company, not sure how this is usually organised. There was a constant, though not very strong signal. Still strong enough to work normally, just not to watch streaming.
Reception services were excellent, I had to print something and scan something another day, always fast and friendly service. also when I asked for restaurant advice they made sure to book me a table with a view and personalised their advice.
I still have to check out, but have no doubt nothing can change my views.
I would recommend this hotel strongly for its excellent service and quality, as well as location.
hopefully I can come back here one day in private time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I'm Maltese and for my 18th birthday i stayed at the intercontinental for 2 nights , it was quite a nice experience, the view was brilliant from my room on the seventh floor, so was the housekeeping,we left a mess, but came back to find a spotless new room each time :) the steam room and the sauna were very enjoyable to :) although I'm a person that likes to eat, and i was quite disappointed with the breakfast at Haruba, the orange juice tasted like water and the sausages were hopeless :S also the pool (indoor) was very dirty... but only those 2 things i didn't like , otherwise it was a wonderful stay and experience, and for the price, i would definitely go again :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at the Intercon Malta for a 4 days break and had an amazing time. The hotel is located centrally and in a very busy area great for the party goers however we went to relax and enjoy some quiet time. We did manage this as the pool area (on the 10th floor on the roof of the hotel) was just amazing and relaxing and on top of that, for our surprise, they have a great Spa facility which includes a Turkish Hamam. You can have various treatments including facials, pedicure/manicure, massages etc...there is also a sauna and an indoor swimming pool. There is also a great huge (biggest in Malta) gym for the fitness conscious. The ladies at the Carisma Spa were fantastic (Kasia, Svetlana, Milena to name a few) and very friendly. We had treatments every day. We had a club room on the 14th floor with the panoramic view which was wonderful and nicely set up (mediterranean feel) and the club lounge facilities even better with a great service managed by Peter and his team (Allison, Melissa, Charlene) The service is simply amazing and they spoil you.They serve full breakfast on the lounge which on the sunny days you can enjoy on the open terrace of the lounge.They also serve afternoon tea and wide selection of drinks and canapes between 5.30-7.30pm. For those who would like to enjoy piece and quiet you will be glad to know that no children are allowed at the lounge at tea time and again between 5.30-7.30 p.m when alcoholic drinks are served.The service at the pool was also great provided by a very friendly and attentive team Ailtor, Gregory, Adam. Hotel also has a private beach which is just 2 minutes walk from the hotel. We ate at the Harruba restaurant and Jason was the star while we were there and also at Carisma but dont remember the names but the girls were very pleasant and friendly too. Overall it was great value for money and the quality was delivered every time. We also had the opportunity to meet some of the senior management of the hotel who we complimented them for the great job they are doing. A hotel with great people will always deliver a great service and everyone we met were very friendly and professional. WELL DONE! WE WILL BE BACK!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex186534
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel overall was great, food is excellent, customer service amazing. Everything is great and when you leave, you will start planning when to visit again! Rooms are quiet and everyone is helpful. Location is perfect.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Kristuu
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We just returned from an excellent week at the Intercontinental Malta. We traveled with our two small children, and were upgraded to a family room, which gave us extra room for them to run about. We were a little bit concerned about noise based on some other reviews, but this ended up being a complete non-issue for us, perhaps because we had an internal-facing room on the top floor. The hotel itself is excellent, the staff was extremely friendly and willing to go the extra mile to be helpful, and the amenities were all of high quality. We thought the breakfast was always good with enough variety for a week's stay, and the kids loved the outdoor pool, as well as the children's play area, the garden, and the hotel's private beach (which is great on days when the public beach is crowded). Paceville, where it is located, is definitely party central for Malta and the hotel is located pretty close to the center of this action, but we never felt like this was a problem, and there are plenty of restaurants and other shops within a 5-10 minute walk of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 28 in Sliema
Excelsior Grand Hotel
Excelsior Grand Hotel
#5 of 15 in Valletta

Been to InterContinental Malta? Share your experiences!