Myself and my wife stayed here for the first half of our honeymoon in Malta. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the hotel is in pretty good shape. We are a young couple, and this hotel is right in the middle of a party central. Happy hour is almost every hour, and the strip is filled with people to the late hours of the night. The food in the restaurant is tasty and fresh, and our room was very clean and fairly well decorated. The only thing we could complain about is the view from the balcony, which faced right into a construction site of a nearby office building. The swimming pool area is clean, and well maintained. The staff is always around if you need drinks or have questions. If you're hungry order something from the poolside restaurant, the food is very good!
Also, the hotel has a "private beach club", which is basically a stretch of sandy beach for hotel patrons only. It's equipped with a beach side bar and towel stand and showers. Malta in general does not have "amazing" sandy beaches and this one was at par with the other ones we seen.
During our stay the hotel was overbooked, so one of the managers offered to relocate us to another 5 star hotel in Valletta half way though our trip, which worked out well for us because staying in the same place for a long time does get boring. They did not push us to move, but rather gave us an option, which we did not have to take. I do have to say that the hotel staff accommodated the move flawlessly. They arranged for all of our bags and items to be moved to the new hotel while we were away for the day on Gozo Island. When we got to the new hotel after our trip to Gozo, our room was ready in minutes and we found out that InterContinental has even arranged for a room upgrade.
Overall, our experience at the hotel was quite good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta