We stayed for 8 nights in November 2012.
The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the beach, shopping centre, numerous eateries and is close to bus terminals. It is located in a very busy, noisy area but once you are inside it's as if the outside no longer exists!
We ended up with a twin room which was 2 small doubles for our party of 2A & 2C. My 9yo daughter wasn't keen on sharing with her 6yo brother so they put an extra bed in! The room was not 5* but ok and had a lovely big balcony but the air con couldn't cope with 4 of us in such a small room. We went to reception everyday saying it wasn't adequate but it unfortunately took until Day 7 to realise they couldn't fix it and move us and an early flight back meant we only got 1 decent night's sleep! This was a real shame as the room they moved us to was perfect but they did apologise and provided plates of treats for the children and some drinks.
As per some other reviews, the fire alarm did go off 2 consecutive nights and some guests were quite irate but the alarms were triggered by something and we'd all have been complaining if there had been a fire and the alarms didn't go off! My only suggestion is that perhaps they could consider better zoning of the alarms as the hotel is so large and staff at the bottom of the fire exits to ensure guest safety as they exit in to a back street.
The staff are very polite and helpful and do as much as they can for you. Concierge provided information about attractions, maps and even advised which bus to catch.
The breakfast is fantastic with eggs cooked any which way to order in front of you and a huge selection of food available.
The facilities are great. The indoor pool was cold to start with but they must have started heating it a couple of days in. Half the beach is managed by the hotel and sunbeds and towels are provided there.
It is a huge hotel but it is well designed and size is deceptive. I loved the way they had courtyard gardens at levels 5 & 7 so even at floor 13 where we ended up, it didn't feel like you were that far off the ground yet the views were spectacular.
Overall, we could have done with some more sleep but we really enjoyed our holiday and, if we have enough funds available, would like to return to the same hotel next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta