Had read the reviews.1st time in Malta and wanted somewhere not too far from home(UK) and hot as the "summer" 2012 in the UK was/has been just appalling!
The reviews were correct.Really friendly people,fantastic weather,lots of history,easy and cheap to get around.
The Intercontinental is a modern and large hotel in the heart of St.Julians just a short walk from the rather small St.Georges Bay. It has a young and trendy feel to it, mainly because it seems to be a centre for language schools so lots of teenagers and youths about but plenty safe enough. Becomes a little raucous at nights as lots of bars and clubs in the area.
The hotel rooms were large and clean and well specced.
Definitely get a "Club Room" package. I think the room is the same but you had all day/evening use of the top floor Club Lounge so could have free drinks and for a couple of hours in the evenings,free alcoholic drinks and canapes and other snacks. We had so much that on 2 of the nights we did not want or need to go out for dinner,as we ate so much during these "happy hours!". Also as the weather was so nice,it was a real boon to be able to come up after a days sight seeing in the heat(30-35 deg C when there in July) to have some soft drinks and browse the internet on the supplied computers or use the free Wi-Fi there or in your own room.Staff were friendly and helpful at all times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta