I went to Malta with my wife as a 60th birthday treat. I wanted a fairly luxurious hotel in which we could relax. I also wanted a spa so that my wife could avail herself of some treatments.
We chose a club room and this turned out to be a very wise move. The slight extra cost gives you access to the club lounge with complimentary breakfast, free tea, coffee and soft drinks during the day, free afternoon tea, free pre-dinner drinks and free wifi. The lounge was comfortable and never busy and we spent a couple of afternoons there just reading.
We ate in local restaurants so cannot comment on the hotel restaurants.
The room was comfortable with a very large bed, balcony and both bath and shower.
(There is a a potential confusion on the website which lists rates for the Club Intercontinental Room in two versions - Best Flexible Rate and best flexible Rate with Breakfast. This is confusing as the Club Room has complimentary breakfast so why extra for breakfast? On enquiring, I found that the 'with breakfast' option allows you to have the 'normal' breakfast with more choice that the complimentary breakfast. We found the complimentary breakfast perfectly adequate - all the usual continental breakfast items along with cooked items.)
Although the hotel is next to a popular nightlife area and there was a lot of building work in the area, we heard no noise. There are lots of restaurants within easy walking distance and a multiplex cinema on the same street.
The staff were pleasant and attentive. I had mentioned my wife's birthday and on arrival we found complimentary champagne and chocolates in our room.
The spa was a hit with my wife who thought the treatments were very professional.
This was our first visit to Malta and the Intercontinental proved to be a good choice of base.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG and Travelocity so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta