I stayed recently on business for a week. The hotel is functional, clean and has all the facilities needed. You have to argue your case individually to gain wifi access free of charge at check in. So long as you can prove you are there on business.
The location is great if you are a tourist, very noisy area and you can hear the noise from the local bars at night in your room. Should you be entertaining clients, lots of restaurants all walking distance and you are close to the casino's.
Breakfast is a busy affair in the morning, buffet style to allow for mass catering. A tip, take breakfast early to avoid the mass crowds in a morning. I have stayed many times at this hotel. Not my main choice, as there are others better suited in the local area. However peak season, there rates are reasonable if you negotiate.
Also never take a white taxi at the entrance at the hotel, they are a complete rip off, overcharge and have no meters installed. Organise a local driver if you have the contacts to do so. Take the bus to the business district to Selima, Gzira or Valletta if you need to attend meetings.
I never used the dining facilities at the hotel in the evening, due to the large variety of local choice in the area. Check out is fine and no problems.
Breakfast is a busy affair in the morning, buffet style to allow for mass catering. A tip, take breakfast early to avaoid the mass crowds in a morning. I have stayed many times at this hotel. Not my main choice, as there are others better suited in the local area. However peak season, there rates are reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Malta redefines the meaning of elegance, hospitality and service with its contemporary design and modern ambience providing an exclusive and relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently and centrally located in the prime area of St. George’s Bay, InterContinental Malta is within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping, entertainment and nightlife venues, also 20 minutes drive from Malta International Airport and 15 minutes drive to Valletta, Malta’s historical capital city. All 481 designer led bedrooms are superbly furnished; having all the comforts expected of a luxury hotel with either twin or king beds, spacious bathrooms with separate bath and shower, private balconies, coffee and tea making facilities and high-speed WIFI access. The luxury suites and presidential suite are located on the hotel’s higher floors, here guests can avail themselves of the Club InterContinental lounge with its stunning views across the island and Mediterranean. The lounge also includes a private reception desk, rooftop pool, meeting room and valet service. The Concierge team is also on hand throughout the day to provide insider knowledge vital for discovering and exploring the Maltese islands. With six restaurants and six bars, the hotel offers varied local and international cuisine at all times of day, both indoor and al fresco. The hotel’s extensive leisure facilities include a lagoon styled outdoor panoramic pool, a heated indoor pool, the Planet Trekkers Kids Club, a state of the art fitness center, a spa with a traditional Turkish hamam, hair salon and 24 hour room service. The revamped and extended InterContinental Beach Club includes an exclusive sandy beach and incorporates an array of amenities including bars, a restaurant, and water-sports facilities. The hotels extensive meeting, exhibition and conference facilities offer guests 6,000 sqm of space in over 30 meeting rooms, including the state of the art InterContinental Arena Meeting Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Intercontinental Saint Julians
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta