Having just spent one month travelling Europe we were looking forward to a bit of luxury in my husbands country. He had previously stayed at the corinthia and our first night was at the corinthia palace and spa and that was wonderful. However same cannot be said of st George's Bay. I booked this three months ago when my husband returned from his business trip to Malta. Upon our arrival check in took an extremely long time, the room we were given was overlooking the carpark and garbage bins and extremely noisy and we were given two single beds, our complaints were met with "sorry it is a full house" even though I booked a superior room three months previously!
I had to go to reception to request a change of rooms, the second room was no better, the wind was howling down th corridor making it impossible to sleep, finally on the third go we got a lroom with a sea view as requested however, two single beds again which they put together, but this did not help much as during the night they would slide apart and we would end with a gap between the two beds. The air con did not work properly, our room had a terrible musty smell which we were unable to find out what it was until the second last night we were told the carpet had been wet and that left a smell, admittedly they did offer us an upgrade at that time but as we had one night left, we couldn't be bothered packing and unpacking for one night! As others have said the breakfast was very ordinary, coffee took three goes before we were given a lukewarm pot, rather ordinary food, plates not cleared from the table ,we had to ask for water. The toilet needed all my strength to try to flush it, water pressure quite low, the lighting in the room is so dim, you could sleep with the lights on and it would not make much difference. This is definitely not a five star hotel. One positive is the staff , most were very friendly. I am not too sure what has happened here, but the service rooms and food definitely are not of the quality they used to be. The location is good but this is definitely not value for the money it costs to stay here. We had travelled all through Europe and I must say I was very disappointed with the hotel and will not be staying here again . To top it off there are cats wandering all around the hotel around the pool area and all the outside dining areas i. cannot believe how they allow this to happen, people were dining, patting the cats and then going inside to get their buffet breakfast, i was totally appalled! During the night the cats howl and fight and i had to shut the balcony door to drown out their noise! My husband has family here and usually comes every year and stays with the corinthia and was told by the manager in June to contact him to book our holiday In September and he would look after us. If this is looking after us, I am very very disappointed to say the least. This hotel needs not only a total refurbishment but a wake up of management!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay is one of the best luxury hotels in Malta, bringing together outstanding sea views, enchanting luxury and unbeatable service.Standing like a beacon of luxury accommodation on a promontory overlooking St. George’s Bay in Malta, the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay can’t help but inspire dreams. Choose from a range of sumptuous rooms, each with a private balcony and state-of-the-art amenities couched in an elegant design that combines historic romance with a fresh contemporary edge. Guests of this 5 star luxury hotel in Malta are treated to unique experiences throughout their stay.There’s no need to tear yourself away from the picture postcard views of the bluest Mediterranean for dinner: each of the luxury hotel’s 9 fine restaurants offers ravishing vistas along with the most delectable meals. Dine al fresco at the Grill 3301 rooftop terrace, surrounded by the soft sea breeze, 360º views, and the mouthwatering aromas of fine cuisine. Or take a sip of a wide selection of fine wines in the exquisite French-style charm of the Vinotheque Bistro. The adventurous will be spoilt for choice with the hotel’s water sport centre, which offers private yacht hire, and the on-site diving centre. The famous Lido at the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay also offers 3 pools, children’s pool, bars, restaurants, sunbeds, and sea access, perfect for relaxing and enjoying the wonderful location. And for pure tranquility, there’s even a spa. But not just any spa: the Apollo Day Spa provides the ultimate in holistic pampering and wellness treatments designed to bring out the best, carefree side of you. Completed by an idyllic location that gives easy access to the highlights of Malta, there’s truly no better place to make your Malta holiday than the Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Saint Julians
- Corinthia Hotel Saint Julians
- Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay Malta