“One night stay.”

Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Malta
“One night stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Enjoyable stay that was very relaxing. Treated well by members of the staff. Lovely room even though the wind was howling through most of the evening and night. Doors did not close so tight and the noise from the wind was a bit annoying. Apart from that room was clean and bedding was extremely comfortable. Nice breakfast in the morning and then just cilled out on one of the balconies.
Will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Maybe worth it to do an upgrade to the suites.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am really glad that you enjoyed your room with its balcony and views, the service of our staff as well as our lavish buffet breakfast.

We hope to welcome you back to Malta and to our Hotel in the future.

Stuart Chappell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

The location is just outside Valetta so to go in to Valetta take a taxi or bus. The hotel is really nice with very friendly staff I had a room on the Executive levelbwith its own checkin and lounge that serves refreshments during the day. Dinnersvat the Grill is worth a visit perfect service good food. The only thing that could be better is breakfast

• Stayed January 2013
Many thanks for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am really happy to read that you liked your Executive Room and that you enjoyed the Executive Lounge facilities and the friendliness of our staff.

I am also glad that you had dinner at our award winning restaurant – The Grill 3301 and that you found it to be excellent.

We do offer a complimentary courtesy bus service to Valletta for our guests on a first come first served basis.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel in the near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I'm a bit late with this review...I stayed here back in August so I'm hoping some improvements have been made!

I came to stay here with a friend for 3 nights, and it was so disappointing...I would not describe a single aspect of my stay as being 5 star.

Reception:Check in was slow, and although friendly the staff did not provide much information about the hotel...we were just sent to our rooms without being offered any help with luggage. We popped down one day and asked to see some of the hotel restaurants' menus. The staff did not have copies of these. Obviously that's not the end of the world, but they simply said they did not have them and offered us no further assistance. Would it hurt to say "do you have any questions about the restaurants? Perhaps I can help you." ?

Room: Our room was dirty and dusty. There were cobwebs on the bathroom ceiling, and damp on both the bathroom walls and bedroom walls. We had a little coffee table which seemed to be falling apart. There were a lot of dirty marks on the walls and the paint was chipping...some TLC definitely needed!!

Pool area: Very crowded and just not 5 star. At the prices you pay here there should be more than enough sun beds for everyone but this is not the case!! Once you (eventually) find a sun bed it is uncomfortable.There are also not enough staff around the pool area to offer general
assistance with things like towels etc.

Spa: The indoor spa and jacuzzi are pleasant, but again not quite up to scratch. There are very few sun beds by the indoor pool, and again they are uncomfortable. The floor was quite often dirty as well. I had a massage at the spa which was a really lovely treatment. It was good value for money as well so I was very pleased with that.

Restaurants: We ate at a few restaurants (some at the hotel and some at the sister hotel next door). The food was poor at some, and average at others. I have to say that when it comes to restaurants, I got some of the worst customer service I have EVER had at this hotel. There were times when we were completely ignored by staff for 45 to 60 mins. Many of the staff were friendly once we were eventually served. However we ate at the pool bar one day where our waitresses were exceptionally rude.

When we left it was the same old story...bad service and no help getting a taxi.

The whole this was a bit of a disaster to be honest. In terms of facilities, cleanliness, food etc this hotel is not 5 star. However, the thing that really was awful was the service. Guests should be treated like royalty when spending this amount of money. Staff at this hotel were largely unhelpful, failed to crack a smile and failed to address us by our names. The exceptionally slow service at the restaurants drove me crazy!

I filled in a comment card before I left, and the hotel emailed me a questionnaire which I filled out. Despite making my feelings of disappointment clear TWICE through writing and once in person at reception, the hotel have failed to contact me. Not impressed.

Before coming to this hotel we stayed for a few nights at the hotel Phoenicia in Valetta. We wish we had stayed there for the rest of our week in Malta, it is a lot better than this hotel!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room which isn't dirty and falling apart!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank CharryM
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay in August 2012.

It is very unfortunate that you do not seem to have received our apology addressing all the issues, which was e-mailed to you on the 24th August 2012, following the receipt of your Guest Questionnaire that same day.

We have today, once again e-mailed you this reply. Please contact us if you do not receive it.

Bracknell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed as part of a group. The hotel lobby was spacious and welcoming and check-in was rapid. The concierge desk couldn't do enough for us. The rooms were comfortable, large and airy, with all modern comforts, such as table and lounge chair, as well as a balcony with table and chairs. Extremely comfortable beds. The safe and coffee/tea maker added to the feeling of comfort and well being. And so did the toweled robes. A couple of housekeeping problems were sorted out without delay and by pleasant efficient staff. The hotel lifts arrived promptly.
The downsides were that we felt the room lighting could be better, and there was some internal and external noise from late night revelers. (Our stay coincided with a dancing contest, so we were unlucky)
The food in the restaurant could not be faulted and neither could the service there. The inside pool and sauna were warm and pleasantly uncrowded on our stay. Alternative cafes, bars were available in the sister hotel next door.
The hotel was convenient for sightseeing: bus stops for Valletta and Mdina were close to the Hotel, and the Hop on Hop off sightseeing bus stopped at the door. There was also a pleasant walk to Sliema.
We enjoyed our stay here and would recommmend it.

Room Tip: A room on the upper( 3 and above) floors have better views. Rooms on the pool side may be noisier.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bracknellwanderer
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this review, December 17, 2012

I am very pleased that you were happy with your room, with our location, with the quality of service and with our various food and beverage outlets.

I have discussed the matter of poor lighting with our Chief Engineer and have asked him to rectify the matter.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your holiday and we look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel in the future.

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Edit Tip

Corinthia Hotel St. Georges Bay, Saint Julian's: 267 reviews and 6 photos

- Saint Julian's

I travelled to Malta with Mi Malta's fam trip.
I arrived late at night and first thing was having dinner at the hotel's veranda. The food was great and the staff very kind. Since I was exhausted when I arrived in the room I could not check it propertly, I just went to rest in the super comfortable bed. I woke up at 06:00 AM and I could see the sun light through the room's curtains, so I went to the window and opened it and I saw how the sun was risining, a breathtaking image!!!
The room has big and clean, the terrasse was a bit old but ok, same with the bathroom, but I can not complaint because for me it was a pleasant stay.
The pools were great!
The hotel's stuff was very helpful and they made you feel your wereat home!
The breakfast was just hilarious, full of pastries, fruit, bread, all kind of eggs, etc.
Free wifi in the lobby.
I will never forget the Corinthia Saint Gorges!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
I thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am really proud to hear that we provided you with an unforgettable experience and that our employees were friendly and helpful.

I am also very happy to read that you enjoyed our pool facilities, our rooms, our Corinthia bed and our lavish buffet breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel.

Senica, Trnava, Slovakia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I have just returned from Malta. It has been my 10-th visit in Malta during last 2 years. I stayed in many hotels in Malta but this one was definitely the best for the money they ask. I was lucky to get special offer 69 euro per night. There is nothing like Corinthia in this price level. If you see offer similar to my, do not hesitate and take it. You will get regular room (not like other hotels in Malta) and all services as any other guest (no limitations). I was really surprised.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank mdz79
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Many thanks for your positive feedback regarding your recent visit to the Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay.

I am very pleased that you were happy with your stay with us and that we provided you with excellent service.

I see that you are a very frequent visitor to Malta and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the future.

Keiss
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We enjoyed a great family break at the hotel with friends in late October, the weather was lovely and the hotel very accommodating, with amazing breakfasts you could eat just about anything you liked from waffles and pancakes cooked to order to a massive continental and cooked selection. The room was very comfortable and immaculately clean and it was enjoyable to sit on the balcony late afternoon with a glass of wine and a book soaking the sun. Our children enjoyed the pool almost all day everyday even though the temperature was slightly cooler than the summer. Eating out was easy too with nice restaurants on the complex and more a short walk away. I would recommend the Corinthia if you want a nice relaxing break but it is also a nice base to explore Malta should you wish to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Stuart C, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay, responded to this review, November 20, 2012

I am really pleased to hear that you were very happy with our luscious buffet breakfast, your room and its views, our recreational facilities and our vast variety of dining options.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malta and to our Hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
Hotel Valentina
#1 of 34 in Saint Julian's
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,760 reviews
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands

Been to Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay? Share your experiences!