I would have loved to rate this higher, and to be honest it really is between an average and a very good but that rating doesn’t exist!
Firstly with the positives - the Staff are very attentive and helpful and I would rate their help and assistance as excellent. The room was nice (quite dated and generic like most big hotels) and the air con was great in the middle of August when it was scorching hot. The rooms were always cleaned to a very good standard and our sea view balcony was lovely. The breakfast buffet and the staff in the kitchen and waiters and waitresses were great, cannot fault them.
However the negatives were things that we noticed such as one late afternoon I wanted to order room service and noticed that each time you order room service you must pay 5 Euros for the 'service'. The TV channels were a good variety, however to watch a film this would cost you 15 euros! Is that normal, usually its half of that? The swimming pools were quite nice, however the kids pool was a bit of a walk and fairly small and not too impressive. We would eat at the Pool Bar restaurant most lunch times, their pizzas are fantastic however the quality of their salads (pls avoid) was disappointing and shocking. You literally pay 7 euros for some old iceberg lettuce, not the quality you would expect to see in any restaurant.
Now for more general info, the location is good for bars, restaurants and Valletta. The beach is not very nice and dirty (it's a city beach so that’s to be assumed I guess).
I would like to rate this as very good but there were just a few too many things that were irritating for a 4* star hotel. The Staff really make this hotel, the rest needs improvement…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring panoramic views out over Malta's St. George's Bay, the Marina Hotel is near the Paceville district's lively nightlife. It features a private beach club, a diving center, free Wi-Fi throughout and a total of 9 dining options. This 4-star hotel is part of the 5-star Corinthia Beach Resort, which has excellent water sports facilities and 5 outdoor swimming pools. Guests also have free access to an indoor heated pool, a sauna, a gym and spa facilities at the Apollo Day Spa. Decorated in bright pastel colors, all rooms are spacious and feature a balcony, a sitting area and a dressing table. They include air conditioning, a satellite flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi access. The Marina Hotel at the Corinthia Beach Resort has 9 restaurants and 7 bars with Mediterranean and innovative international dishes. A generous breakfast buffet is served daily. You will be just a few steps from a sandy beach and in the heart of Paceville's entertainment district. Both free and private parking are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Priceline, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Hotel At The Corinthia Beach Saint Julian`s
- Corinthia Marina Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Marina Malta
- Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort Malta