“Good hotel”

Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed 8 nights at this hotel in January for business

Hotel is clean, nice.
Rooms are OK, but need a good refresh.

Wifi signal is sometimes poor. This was not good as I was in Malta for businees and I needed to connect to my company mails.

There are a lot of different restaurants all around. At walking distance, there is paceville, in addition, there is a commercial centre.

This an hotel for holidays, but not relly for business travel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,231)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Nice hotel with use of facilities of adjoining hotel really nice complex staff very attentive and pleasant to deal with.

We had a top floor suite with a view of the bay very nice worth the extra two extensive rooms good varied range of TV for a change.

There are restaurants for all tastes and pockets within the complex.

Would visit again

Only four stars because with having a suite and the price we paid I would have expected a proper third bed not a put me up, the brochures all show two proper queen beds

Great links to the rest of the island best time to visit May or September

Great a public bus season ticket great value buses every few minutes no need for a car.

Room Tip: top floor with bay view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2013

A two night stay for a little R and R. The hotel is in a good location and the best thing about this hotel is the free Wi Fi and the use if their sister hotel next door called the Corinthia St George.

First impressions of this hotel was a dull drab reception area. Check-In was good and the reception professionals were great. The bedroom was spacious and clean however for a sea-view room it was really dark. The bed was really comfortable.

We were on room only and paid for Breakfast which was 15€ each reduced to 10€ each and no wonder. The breakfast buffet was probably the worst I have ever experienced and genuinely not worth 5€ each. The choice was limited and the hot plate selection was dried out. There was an egg chef preparing eggs of choice. She had the enthusiasm of a snail. I had to wait 11 minuets for a fried egg! The breakfast was so bad we asked for a refund as we pre-paid for our 2 night stay. The hotel did refund the second day charge.

Personally I would not stay at this hotel again.

1  Thank jameskaneclarke
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Just stayed at Marina Hotel, hotel facilities are good, clean and spacious. As it was my first visit to Malta I thought staff were a little unfriendly, however having gone to other places realise that this is the maltese way and in fact the staff at Marina were very friendly in comparision. I was a little annoyed with the morning room servicing, after a late arrival I was asked to get up to sign that I did not want my room serviced at 8.30am.
But overall was happy with the cleaniness, large sea-view room with good bathroom facilities.
As off season all outdoor areas were open but able to use facilities at Corinthia, in-door pool is very small, but plenty pools outdoors for hotter weather.
Location is good if you want a quieter spot than St. Julians. It's about 15mins walk to St. Julians harbour - steps and hilly.
Placeville is a nightclubbing area at the bottom of the hill, a little undesirable to walk through at night.
Was useful to find a bus stop at the top of the road which goes to St. Julians, Slemina, Valetta, only 2.60 for an all day ticket.

1  Thank butm
ManagementCBR, Front Office Manager at Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and observations. Our room attendants are assisgned to start servicing the rooms as from 08.30am onwards and any rooms with the Do not Disturb sign are done at a later stage. We apologise if we disturbed you.

On a seperate note, we hope that your stay at our Hotel was indeed a memorable one. Should you have any family members or friends visiting Malta, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The Hotel is part of a bigger Hotel next door but you can use the facilities of both. Went for a short break knowing the area & have stayed at the Hotel before. Nice Hotel good friendly staff & generally good all round. Renovations were being done so several parts were not useable ie pool and poor bar area but that would probably be due to closed season prior to Easter. Not that we would have used the area very much due to the cool North east winds which prevailed for most of our break but if you found a sheltered area away from the wind it was very nice indeed. Perfect hotel as a base to tour the island. City tour buses pass every 30 mins or so two companies to choose from plus tours from reception are available. Visit Gozo if you have a chance very nice & feels newer, well worth the effort & ferry crossing. All in all the only thing that let it down was the final morning breakfast which due to flights we were early 04:30 & as such nothing available despite the request previous night. They worked hard & quick to provide tea/coffee & a few things but should have been ready & more of it. But again still a good hotel to visit. We had B&B and walking round the area we found some very good cheap restaurants so all in all a good break.

Room Tip: prefer a 2nd/higher floor room sea view. Although ground 1 was good.
1  Thank Chris J
ManagementCBR, Front Office Manager at Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We apologize for the delay in providing the early breakfast which is normally provided in the lobby for early departures. We have already taken corrective measures in order to ensure that this incident does not repeat itself.

Alternatively we are pleased to learn that your stay at the Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort was indeed most enjoyable and relaxing.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when planning your next visit to the Maltese Islands.

It would be a real pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

It is a 4 Star Hotel with 5 Star Service and cleanliness, very friendly and efficient staff. Excellent
variety and quality of food both at Dinner & Breakfast times.The rooms are spacious with almost
everything provided for a comfortable stay. The hotel has sea front location in a tranquil location but very close to main bus routes, Paceville and St Julian Marina ( which have loads of excellent Resturants and exciting night life) . It is a very modern Hotel and the guests are allowed to enjoy its adjoining 5 Star Corinthia Hotel's ammenities too. The Front Desk staff are exceptionally helpful, knowledgeable and always ready to help you with a smiling face. My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at Marina and would recommend it very highly to anyone going to Malta for a relaxing holidays.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate your kind comments and positive feedback which was based on your recent visit at our Hotel.

In the event that any of your family members or friends decide to visit the Maltese Islands, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed at the Corinthia Marina, as it was then, about 12 years ago and booked it on price and position. For this visit, I needed somewhere comfortable for a six day business trip and booked the Marina for the same reasons....a good sized double room, including breakfast for 70 odd euros. The position is in walking distance of plenty of shops, bars and restaurants without being too lively itself.

Booked a standard queen sized double and got a nice room but overlooking the street at the front of the hotel. Asked (nicely) if I could change to a sea view....no problem! I had to wait one night for a sea view room to become available but they even moved me while I was out at the pool. The first example of truly excellent customer service. New room perfect, very clean, comfortable bed and well appointed and spacious bathroom. Beautiful view from the furnished balcony.

Breakfast is plentiful and a notch above the usual buffet, especially the cooked options (good bacon!). Tables are kept clear and the staff are attentive but discrete.

I did have trouble with the wifi in my room. It is free for checking emails but; f you wanted something more substantial it is quite expensive. I needed to work remotely with my office so I needed the premium service. Just could not get it to work!! The staff could not have been more helpful and tried everything. Eventually the IT specialist fixed me up and I'm using it to post this review. Second example of great service from all of the team.

The pool areas are little used at this time of year (early April) but are still clean and well furnished. Enjoyed a massage in the neighboring spa at special offer half price.

If you want a large , well run hotel, great value for money and all the comforts of home, I would recommend the Marina.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view, it really is worth it. Floors 4 and 5 give the best views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Management and Team members I would like to thank you for your kind comments and recommendations.

We sincerely hope that you decide to visit us again in the very near future and if any family members or friends decide to visit Malta, please do ask them to contact me directly.

We thank you once again for your kindness.

Regards,

Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
Le Meridien St. Julians
Le Meridien St. Julians
#8 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort? Share your experiences!