“This hotel Makes Faulty Towers look good !!”

The St. George's Park Hotel
Ranked #33 of 34 Hotels in Saint Julian's
“This hotel Makes Faulty Towers look good !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel is definitely NOT a family hotel unless you like to stay out clubbing until the early hours of every morning.
The plus thing (as far as we were concerned there was only one plus) to this hotel and that is the outdoor swimming pools,the whole area around them are cleaned daily and chemicals are used to keep them hygienic.
The minus things (there are many ! )
The booking in procedure, the queues were so long and staff seemed to be looking first at one list them another that you wondered if you were on the list at all, surely this should be sorted out daily so that the staff can do their job properly and not just put you in the first room they can find.
The restaurant never opened on time, the check in staff always had to wait for the computer printouts from the management in order to book you in and by that time the food had started to go cold. Toasters always breaking down in the morning. We got into a routine of arriving half an hour after the main start time in the hope that the first serving had been replenished with a second serving of hot food. Unfortunately this procedure was repeated at each meal and in the end even though we had paid for all inclusive began to eat out as there are only so many times you want to eat cold uninspiring food.
General cleanliness and appearance of the hotel. The main reception appeared to be cleaned daily but away from that area we didn't see and evidence of any cleaning - there were stains on the staircases from spilt drinks that were there when we arrived and still there when we left a week later. There was dust and dirt on one staircase that even the wind didn't move ! The rooms were cleaned once while we were there and towels changed twice, but the worst thing was the mould on the shower curtain and on the bath surround, which at the start of the season is not good at all.
So many people were complaining of one thing or another that the staff have obviously become immune to it and although they may sympathise there is little they can do about anything.
At the end of the day if you are very young at heart and like clubbing and staying out late are not worried too much about late night music, (until 4 or 5 am) the quality of the food, and the cleanliness of the rooms then this hotel is for you, but if you are in your later years don't bother and choose another hotel.
This hotel needs a change of management as obviously the present one can't make things any better and doesn't seem to care a great deal, but this hotel could never be a family hotel due to its location which is in the main nightclub area of the island.
Dont let all the bad reviews about this hotel put you off Malta, My husband and myself have just returned from a lovely holiday, its a beautiful island full to the brim with history and lovely scenery, the transport system around Sliema and Valletta is excellent and you can manage quite well without a car.

Room Tip: Request one overlooking the pool area - it is marginally quieter than the rest.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diane C
Blue Sea H, Manager at The St. George's Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guests,

Due to the personal nature of your comments, I would request you contact me directly.

The Manager!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (715)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was a clean hotel, we were there for 5 days, the room was cleaned twice, the pool was cleaned daily.. The staff were very helpful when asked anything. The food was good, yes it's near nightclubs but it tells you that! It was great value for money and I will be going back

1 Thank Sarah Q
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your balanced review! I will take both the positives and the negatives on board and deall with them as best as possible.

I am glad that al in all you seemed to have a good value for money time with us which is our aim!

St.Georges Park & La Vallette
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel and thankfully we came home well ,all things considering!! After both suffering from food poisoning from the worst food imaginable and a 3 day stay in bed, with sickness and diarrhoea!!

Since when do you have to go on holiday and clean your room before you stay in it! please avoid this hotel at all costs. There is not one positive thing that can be said about our holiday except the flight home was the best weve every had.

This hotel is not suitable for families, especailly with young children and it is just one big health hazard. We never sat around the pool or went for a swim is it looked so dirty and after the experience with the food, we stayed well away.

Please believe all the other reviews on here as they are speaking the truth. Totally Awful!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank james t
Blue Sea H, General Manager at The St. George's Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guests,

Whilst we will take your comments in general very seriously, we would like to point out that there is a general gastroenteritis virus in Malta. We strongly deny that this has anything to do with our establishment, and would like to inform you that the relevant analysis carried out by independent consultants, as well as certification from the local hospital as well as, from the local doctor resident in the nearest chemist corroborate this.

We would urge you to contact us directly in order to discuss this through the appropriate channels.

Travelers are raving about these Saint Julian's hotels

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

i would erge anyone traveling to malta to avoid this place like the plaig it was absolutely terrible we had no sleep for the whole week the hotel is right above the clubs and the noise is just unbearable not even ear plugs will help, the hotel staff are not willing to help, my room had no fridge no cooker no air con it was horrible the noise finally eases about 6 in the moring but then the road sweepers start, avoid avoid avoid rooms where poor the floors where black and filfy it ruined the otherwise fantsic dive holiday

Room Tip: do not stay here
2 Thank carl r

Weymouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you have booked this hotel please change you will regret it.
My whole party went down with food poisoning from the canteen(I WAS ALL INCLUSIVE AND HAD TO EAT OUT) some people were hospitalized!!! One of the pools was closed down due to not fit for swimming in!!! The floors and walls throughout hotel was never cleaned, there was food on the floor at one part of the stairs that was there all week. I was with 2 young children and they put me directly opposite a nightclub that is open at the front banging out base tunes until 4am, asked to be moved room and it took them 2 days to sort out. My bed covers had bloodstains on them, the towels had brown marks all over them the room was cleaned only once in seven days.
I know you get what you pay for but there is still standards of cleanliness that should be adhered to.
Dont be put off from going to Malta from this and other reviews because it is a great little island and enjoyed my time outside of the hotel

Room Tip: Book another Hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Barry M

Glasgow, United Kingdom

I have just returned from a 1 week All Inclusive break at St George Park
Where I spent my first day enjoying the sun by the pool and had all my meals in the hotel restaurant.
Only to awake at 6am next day with severe food poison, I spent the next 48hours being violently sick and constant diarrhoea.
I was then rushed to hospital the next morning where I needed to be attached to an intravenous drip for 4hrs. Given a load of prescription medication to take for the duration of my holiday and sent back to my hotel room with instruction from the Doctor not to eat or drink from hotel premises again that week!!

The holiday was an absolute nightmare and to make matters worse on returning to the hotel I then found out my illness was no isolated incident half the guests had all gone down with similar illness,
But hotel staff had never issued any warnings or seemed to care that guests were dropping like flies.

All public areas had no hand washing facilities, NO SOAP NO HAND TOWELS ???
Basic Hygiene was a joke no wonder people were falling ill.

Did not actually expect too much as it was a budget holiday,
But certainly expected a decent level of hygiene no matter the cost.

PLease be warned and avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Alice I

Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Arrived in Malta 30th April at 11am after a good flight. Arrived at St Georges resort at 12.30, very good transfer and driver was really chatty so enjoyed the ride. From there everything went downhill ! After queuing for 45 minutes was told to go to other resort at La Vallette where we queued for another 30 minutes, the foyer was absolute chaos with people trying to check in. The receptionist thrust the key in my hand and pointed in the air directing us to the first floor.
Missed the midday meal and queued 45 minutes for evening meal, by the time we sat down there were no plates and food was cold. The only food available was chicken and cold chips. Breakfast the next day was some sort of bacon or ham and undercooked boiled eggs.
Had a good day out in Valetta, bus tickets only 2.60 euros for whole day. Queued again for the restaurant that evening, same thing with food, ate chicken with warm potatoes and that night came down with violent stomach pains, diarrhea and sickness. Took immodium but was restricted to my room for 4 days. I was then admitted to hospital for 2 days on an intrevenous drip and doctors told me I had food poisoning from chicken which I had eaten at the hotel. The hotel was filthy, bedding and towels were never changed.
Other reviews say you get what you pay for but I certainly did not pay for food poisoning!!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Julian's
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,422 reviews
Dean Hamlet Hotel
Dean Hamlet Hotel
#21 of 34 in Saint Julian's

Been to The St. George's Park Hotel? Share your experiences!