This hotel is definitely NOT a family hotel unless you like to stay out clubbing until the early hours of every morning.
The plus thing (as far as we were concerned there was only one plus) to this hotel and that is the outdoor swimming pools,the whole area around them are cleaned daily and chemicals are used to keep them hygienic.
The minus things (there are many ! )
The booking in procedure, the queues were so long and staff seemed to be looking first at one list them another that you wondered if you were on the list at all, surely this should be sorted out daily so that the staff can do their job properly and not just put you in the first room they can find.
The restaurant never opened on time, the check in staff always had to wait for the computer printouts from the management in order to book you in and by that time the food had started to go cold. Toasters always breaking down in the morning. We got into a routine of arriving half an hour after the main start time in the hope that the first serving had been replenished with a second serving of hot food. Unfortunately this procedure was repeated at each meal and in the end even though we had paid for all inclusive began to eat out as there are only so many times you want to eat cold uninspiring food.
General cleanliness and appearance of the hotel. The main reception appeared to be cleaned daily but away from that area we didn't see and evidence of any cleaning - there were stains on the staircases from spilt drinks that were there when we arrived and still there when we left a week later. There was dust and dirt on one staircase that even the wind didn't move ! The rooms were cleaned once while we were there and towels changed twice, but the worst thing was the mould on the shower curtain and on the bath surround, which at the start of the season is not good at all.
So many people were complaining of one thing or another that the staff have obviously become immune to it and although they may sympathise there is little they can do about anything.
At the end of the day if you are very young at heart and like clubbing and staying out late are not worried too much about late night music, (until 4 or 5 am) the quality of the food, and the cleanliness of the rooms then this hotel is for you, but if you are in your later years don't bother and choose another hotel.
This hotel needs a change of management as obviously the present one can't make things any better and doesn't seem to care a great deal, but this hotel could never be a family hotel due to its location which is in the main nightclub area of the island.
Dont let all the bad reviews about this hotel put you off Malta, My husband and myself have just returned from a lovely holiday, its a beautiful island full to the brim with history and lovely scenery, the transport system around Sliema and Valletta is excellent and you can manage quite well without a car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea St George's Park, Malta is an ideal choice for a lively break to this stunning Mediterranean island. Located in a privileged position within the heart of Paceville, St. Julian's, this property sits just 300m from a pretty sandy beach and provides easy access to a fantastic choice of restaurants, bars and clubs that this vibrant area is renowned for. The Blue Sea St George's Park is perfect for those who are looking for an active holiday in the heart of Malta's night life, with a range of facilities and amenities at hand to keep everyone entertained. With classic décor throughout the reception area, the atmosphere of this property makes it a great place to relax and unwind after a day of sightseeing or after enjoying the lively local nightlife. The two outdoor swimming pools, one indoor pool (not heated) and a children's pool, provide plenty of idyllic places to soak up the Mediterranean sunshine. Guests of the Blue Sea St George's Park have the opportunity to get active at the gym (available at a local charge). The nearby sandy beach of St. George's Bay, is just a few minutes' walk from the Blue Sea St. George's Park and offers a host of water sports (all at a local charge). A range of dining options are available at the Blue Sea St George's Park that include a lounge bar, pool bar (seasonal) and a buffet restaurant. An in-house entertainment program is offered throughout the year to ensure that everything is provided for a fun and relaxing holiday for the young at heart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. George's Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Georges Park Complex Hotel Saint Julian`s
- The St. George's Park Hotel Malta