“Excellent Service!”
Review of Assaggi - CLOSED

Assaggi
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of St Julians right behind Pendor gardens,up the road from HSBC bank, Assaggi is established and a favorite in the heart of the locals, with a chique, rustic dining room, that doesn't fail to impress .Our focus is firmly on great seasonal produce, a combination of Italian and French influences offers a unique tasting experience.Private parking available.
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Service!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was the best dinner we had in Malta. Straight away I knew it would be good when we started the meal with the prosecco cocktail of the day which was lovely. The waiter helped us with the right wine for each of us for each course and made great recommendations on the food which we really enjoyed. Totally recommend it!

Visited September 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
“Lovely place with great food”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The place is slightly difficult to find but you need to. It is a paradise for your tastebuds, both food and wine-wise.
Crispy octopus and scallop, prawn and seabass broth, with seabream ovenbaked in salt is a must to try.
Staff was very professional and attentive.

1 Thank Kasia K
Msida, Malta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ivan the Super Chef”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I happened to finally go to this little hidden gem to dine out with my sister for a treat, as I always wanted to try Assaggi and finally got round to it. I wasn't disappointed as the food was excellent!!
Service was a little bit disappointing but none the less I would still go back but hopefully in the near future. I just opted for the Veal T Bone which was simply delicious and my sister had the Fillet which was also delicious! Was too full for desserts and I know too well that they make amazing desserts so next time I will. Great night overall

1 Thank Donnalisadebono
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Beautiful menu and meal, service could be better.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Having seen reviews on Trip Advisor my girlfriend and I decided to give it a go. Initially we thought we had dropped a clanger as the service was extremely slow to arrive albeit excellent once it arrived. We we shown a table but not offered anything to drink for maybe 15 minutes which I thought a little bad especially as the restaurant was quite quiet. Anyhow, we hung in there and we were glad we did. The food was of an extremely high standard and well presented. I choose the prawns to start and they were fabulous and then followed up with the chateaubriand for the main course, this was cooked to perfection and a real delight. Ending with pana cotta the meal was a real treat. The wine list was excellent too and not overly expensive. All in all when the quality of the food, wine and service was considered €110 for two was a fair exchange!

London, United Kingdom
“Best so far on the Island”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Having been to Malta very often, no doubt in saying this is the best so far. London cooking at reasonable prices. Started with great langoustine starter and the duo of fish, with fantastic caponata. Staff great: knowledgeable intro to menu by Italian waiter and good advice to wines by sommelier. Elegant dining, elegant service. Fish cooked to perfection, quite unusual on this Island. A bit difficult to find, but worth persisting, look for HSBC in Spinola Bay and just walk up the road. A great evening to end a short break. Will return.