“My favorite hostel so far”
Review of Hostel Malti

Hostel Malti
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Thank you Hostel Malti for your great hospitality! The rooms are specious with own draws to lock away your belongings and keep the room.tidy, small kitchen to cook and have your breakfast, cosy living area and an awesome rooftop balcony with spa that we sadly didn't use as it was winter. Aaron is a great host and a great guy!;-) I've been in many hostels and your hostel was definetely the best hostel I stayed so far. I'm looking forward to my next stay :-)

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Hostel Malti has a great, laid back vibe. Aaron was a very welcoming host and very knowledgeable and helpful about the island. The reception/lounge area was perfect for chilling out after a long journey/long day trekking around the island. Lots of fun to be had there (Aaron quite often organised drinks in the evenings), but equally if you wanted to actually get some sleep, party-goers are ushered elsewhere after 11pm. I went in December and there were a good amount of people staying there; I imagine in Summer, with the roof terrace and hot tub, a whole lot of fun could had! Really enjoyed my stay - thanks guys!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Both Chris and Aaron greeted me (after a late arrival) and I could tell from this point on I had chosen the right place. Being relaxed and open was refreshing and they always had time for a chat and to offer help/advice.

The reception felt as laid back and welcoming a relatives lounge room, especially during the off season which as I found was a good time to travel.

The location was great for proximity to the livelier part of Malta, were nothing is really a distance any way. I did a lot of walking.

The added perks of a roof top bar and jacuzzi are great for such an affordable place.
As per my rating I hold this Hostel in high regard, and trust me I've experienced a few hostels during my stints as a Busabout guide and also Managing YHA's...
A big thumbs up for both Chris and Aaron and Malti!

Room Tip: Fitness centre = short walk up a gradual hill
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 21, 2013

A couple of my friends and I were studying abroad in England and just decided, randomly, to go to Malta for a weekend. It was one of the best decisions we made. Staying at the hostel Malti made our experience so much better though. Everyone was so incredibly nice, the hostel manager, Aaron, helped us get around, told us where to go to eat, to explore, and to go out at night -- he introduced us to the island essentially. Plus, the actual hostel is adorable. You share a bathroom and a bedroom, but it worked out great. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom got the job done and we were out exploring a lot of the time anyway. I really cannot say enough about this place: it was great, well worth the money, in a great location, and the people were just amazing. Everyone we met there was friendly and really made our experience that much better.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Like:
1. Friendly owner and manager
Aaron and Chris were both helpful and nice people. I've totally no idea about Malta on the day I arrived, Aaron made me a one day trip plan on the next day and it was great.

2. Great value
I got extreme cheap price from one of the booking website, with such price per night I wouldn't have complaint much.

3. The atmosphere and interior
Small cozy Mediterranean house feel like. Young people around party in the nights at the living hall & rooftop, if you expect for quiet environment then this is not a best place for you.

Dislike:
1. The shower and toilets:
It's unisex, sharing the toilet with stranger guys is really awful to me (imaging the toilet bowl with drips...ewww). Also it has limited toilets and tiny shower. The cleanliness is not too horrible but acceptable and room for improvement. The sensor lights detected at the showers main entrance, if you shower for too long and nobody is around you may ended up shower in the dark...like me! LOL

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2013

What a great hostel!
I spent 8 days in Malta recently and I would highly recommend it.
Chris and the team were so friendly and really made my stay so comfortable.
The hostel is very clean, fresh and with an awesome rooftop with a lounge and Jacuzzi!
When I return to Malta in the future I would definitely stay with them again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2013

great hostel, great location and the rooftop is just amazing!
i've been backpacking for a while and i have to tell that hostel is very cosy with a great family spirit.
advice to all backpackers make sure you stay for the mojito nights at the hostel.
special thank chris and aaron for the effort put into make my experience in malta so awesome!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Boho Hostel
Boho Hostel
#2 of 32 in Saint Julian's
Two Pillows Boutique Hostel

Been to Hostel Malti? Share your experiences!