“loved this hotel”

Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Just returned from a super weeks stay at the Radisson blu, the service from all staff was 1st rate, they all appeared to enjoy their work and were pleasant, polite and professional. Nothing was too much trouble. the entrance is quite beautiful and kept so clean, as is everywhere else in the hotel We stayed in room 355 which overlooked the terrace of the Bridge bar, and although there was world cup football games on untill 10.15 every night (on a huge screen) plus 3 weddings while we were there, we never experienced any noise once the balcony door was closed. in fact it was nice to see the happy couples on their special day. We ate mostly at Le Bistro and all meals were enjoyed, prices there were fine,but more expensive to dine in Kontiki and the edge restaurant. Now i can`t review this hotel without mentioning the superb breakfasts, i`ve never stayed in any hotel anywhere that will beat this Radisson for quality, range and freshness. I could go on for hours about the choices available, but much easier to say that the only thing i didn`t see was caviar (but hey, i may have just missed it). Pools were lovely, the bigger one with swim up bar and the smaller, quieter ones only 2-3 minutes away, along a lovely garden walk, all had more than enough padded sunbeds. Remember to leave beach towels at home, as they are provided. Unable to comment on the indoor pool or gym facilities as we didn`t use either, but must be ok as there was always younger people using them.We found the walk back up from St Georges beach, quite trashing, it`s a long slow bank and took us a good 10 -15 minutes, and to get to the bus stop from the hotel is also a bit banky, worth it though because the old buses were a trip down memory lane and cheap at 47 cents a trip. Had a lovely trip to Mdina, and well worth a visit, it was very clean and well kept, but shame to say we found parts of Valetta dirty especially down by St Elmo fort area, there`d obviously been a few stray dogs around. Overall though, we enjoyed our week very much.

Reviewed June 23, 2010

Lovely hotel in a great location, but not maybe 5*. Wonderful staff, great amenties, and away from the madening crowd. One small winge would be the quality of the towels and bed linen.

But the big watch-out is....weddings!
While I was there for 8 days, there must've been 7 weddings in the hotel, and that has an impact on othere guests experience.

That could range from the nicest restuatant on site (Taste) being closed to ordinary guests, to watching hordes of wedding party peopele hog the best spots around the pool.
Worse still, drunken youths prancing around the pool, making it a no go area for others.

It's a pity and I've no doubt that weddings is a major earner for the hotel, but it sometimes impacts negatively on othere clients.

However, overall, a pleasurable experience.

Reviewed June 23, 2010

I stayed in the raddison in March 2010 with my finance as we were hoping to get married in Malta and have the raddison as the venue. We checked in without any hassel, receptionist was professional. Our first impressions was nice but certainly is not a 5 star Hotel.
We ate lunch in the resturant which was good and reasonably priced.
Was not impressed with the bathroom as was very mouldy but decided to say nothing as it wasnt the end of the world.
The following morning I requested an iron and was handed a iron with the socket cover hanging off. I asked the porter was it ok to use and he reasurred me it was in use all the time and there was no problems. anyway my finance plugged in the iron got a huge electric shock, passed out and his hands were bleeding.
I went straight down to reception who didnt know what to say so offered us a cup of tea.
There was no managent on duty at that time.
I also drew it to the receptionist attention that our bathroom was not the cleaness.
She sent a housekeeper up who say it was an old bathroom and iit was hard to clean. Sorry but to me there is no excuse for a dirty bathroom no matter how old it is.
My finance was fine after an hour so we decided to leave for the day, we returned that night to find that our keys did not work. We went to reception where the manager could not have been more nicer. He wanted my finance to see a doctor but he was fine now and did not want to.
When we checked out the receptionist didnt even aknowdledge our stay and we left.I complained to the raddison after our return but never got no response
Overall I wouldnt stay here again never mind have a wedding venue here!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte K
Reviewed June 22, 2010

While staying in this hotel I enjoyed morning swim in the pool to wake me up :). The buffet breakfast was tasteful and fresh. The view of the sea from the balcony in my room was excellent. The only one thing I did not like was the entrance to the sea. Otherwise I enjoyed my stay very much.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2010

We are a family of 3 who spent 1 week at hotel. Would highly recommend as a holiday destination. Other reviewers have commented on distance from resort centre but we considered this a plus. Its a pleasant walk to the main restaurant and night life area of Paceville. Room was clean spacious and comfortable. there were 4 weddings in total in the hotel during our stay and we experienced no noise from them (we were on 6th floor). also the weddings do not interfere with other guests enjoyment of facilities. Food from breakfast through to evening restaurant was fab. staff were lovely. one of us used the gym facilities which were perfect for keeping in shape on hols. there is a hairdresser and beauty salon which we didnt use. plenty of nice seating areas inside and outside for guests and plenty of sun beds around the outside pools. we will definitely be back. many maltese we met on our holiday recommend september as the most pleasant month weather wise on the island. if i am to nit pick I was disappointed that internet access was not free to guests (only free wifi if you had your own laptop but business centre internet very expensive when i only wanted to check emails and weather at home!). also hairdryer in room is 'hoover hosepipe' type in bathroom which i never find satisfactory. there is a hairdressers on level one and reception may have bettter hair dryers but I didnt bother to check. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2010

We have stayed at the Radisson Blu, St. Juliens many times and always receive a warm welcome. The food in all restaurants is excellent and varied with plenty of choice. All staff, and I mean everyone (from managers to maintenence), have embraced their 'Yes I Can' motto and the culture behind it. Year on year the hotel is always looking to improve and upgrade fixtures and fittings, which can't be easy when the hotel is open all year round. The hotel caters for holiday makers from around the world; weddings/parties and business conferences/meetings for local people and overseas visitors - so has a very cosmopolitan feel but still retains a strong emphasis on efficient, personal service. Thank you to everyone!

Reviewed June 13, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one week. The hotel is very nice and the hotel staff was for the most part very helpful and nice. The beds were rock-hard, but otherwise the room was ok. The minibar was very expensive (maybe to be expected). I would NOT say that this hotel is a 5 star hotel though. The indoor pool was in big need of renovation and some other parts of the hotel was a little worn down. Also we felt that the staff tried to push us out of the room on the day we left. Check out at 12 and at 9 a.m they called our room to ask when we were planning to get out of the room, not very nice we thought.
The breakfast was SUPERB! The outdoor pool was supernice and the location was ok. A big hill to walk up on the way back from town, but it didn´t take long to walk it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
InterContinental Malta
InterContinental Malta
#12 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's? Share your experiences!