We stayed at this hotel whilst attending a conference at the MCC in Valletta. We were upgraded to a junior suite (room 863) which was spacious and luxurious with amazing sea views! The decor was a little dated - the blackout backing on the curtains had cracked and fallen off in places leaving light spots that looked like holes in daylight but the room was very clean and the bed was super-comfortable. The room next to ours contained machinery of some kind (a boiler? or air-conditioning?) which made some noise all the time.
The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. They provided maps and information about bus stops and buses, they phoned for a taxi and they printed a document for us.
The hotel has free Wi-Fi in the lobby but in the rooms you have to pay for Ethernet connection - a minimum of 4 Euros each time. The hotel charges high prices for everything, for example, a litre bottle of water in the room cost 5.20 Euros - of course you can buy water more cheaply in local shops.
We swam in the indoor pool which was very pleasant, however ,we had to make sure that we chose a time when it was not too busy because if there are more than three swimmers it is hard to avoid the columns in the centre of the pool.
The breakfast was included in the price and there was a good variety of food. I was a little disappointed that the fruit juices were made from concentrate, though. The food in the bar was very good, but pricey.
We had to travel to the MCC in Valletta for the conference which took about an hour each way by public bus including the time taken for the walk at both ends. The rickety old buses are cheap (about 11 Euros for a 5-day pass) and the whole journey is quite fun.
I would recommend the hotel but only if you can get a special deal on the price. We paid 180 Euros per night which is more than I would pay if it had not been a business trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suffused with the clear stillness of our refreshing seaside location, The Westin Dragonara Resort is a place where nothing matters except your delight. The resort rests on its 74,000 square metre peninsula like a crown jewel, with the azure waters of the Mediterranean lapping against two private beach lidos, their outdoor pools, gorgeous views and direct access to the sea. Recharge in our WestinWORKOUT® gym. Entertainment abounds, with diving, watersports, and Malta’s historic casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Westin Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Dragonara Hotel Malta
- Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Westin
- Westin Dragonara Malta