The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$291
InterContinental Malta(Saint Julian's)
$191
$158
  • Pool
The George Hotel(Saint Julian's)
$160
$148
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Le Meridien St. Julians(Saint Julian's)
$228
$95
$92
  • Breakfast included
3,601 results
All reviewstower roomquadro restaurantterrace restaurantlobby barrobert vellakids clubsea viewexecutive clubspecial thanksindoor poollarge balconyfantastic hotelfive star hotelprivate beachsun loungersst juliansplenty of sunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I went alone for a rest bite and the staff did everything to make sure I was ok whist on the premises as they knew I was travelling alone.

For breakfast you are given a lot of options from a fry up to more healthy foods: fruits etc as it is a buffet however at 17euros per breakfast, as I don't eat a lot generally, I only ate breakfast there once as I couldn't justify the price. The food was a decent standard although looking at the scrambled eggs they looked a bit wet?! I stuck to the fruits!

The Orvm bar had great views to the sea and made great cocktails. Quick service and huge portion sizes and fairly priced.

There are two pools at the resort and the adults pool was full of kids as too was the kids pool. This annoyed me slightly as you couldn't relax in peace without being splashed and hearing screaming. I don't have anything against children but being on holiday and with no children of my own I don't want to be woken up at 7am or hear screaming all day.

My room was huge! It could sleep 6, had a balcony and its own terrace with sea views which was great as I couldn't do that by the pool. Luckily the family in the room next door left after a couple days so I could have a lay in! Bed was comfortable and the rooms were spotless.

The spa was just ok. Had a great massage but didn't see anything to rave about.

As for the location of the hotel, its good. Not too far from Silemma and walking distance to the town and a shopping mall however the islands biggest shopping mall is a bus ride away.

Overall I would definitely go back whether alone or with friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SF-Exploring
MicallefStephanie, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear SF-Exploring,

Thank you for your comments following your visit to the Westin Dragonara Resort.

As you have rightly mentioned the ORVM bar indeed enjoys wonderful sea views and offers as well an a la carte menu during the day. We are glad to read that you have enjoyed the service and options at this lounge bar.

We are glad to read that you have enjoyed this stay and thank you for your feedback which has been shared with the team.

We look very forward to welcome you back to the Westin Dragonara Resort. Should you plan a return visit do not hesitate to contact me directly

Kind regards
stephanie.micallef@westin.com

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We decided to go back to the Westin in Malta but this time brought our adult children. We thought they might be bored. How wrong we were! They loved the hotel and really enjoyed getting to know the staff especially Mike, Ramon, John,Antonio, Christina and all the other staff. We also thought they would want to eat out but enjoyed the hotel food too much. Our son enjoyed the gym and rated it highly. Our daughter just loved the location with comfy sun beds close to either the sea or beach. All enjoyed the holiday and we feel we definitely will be back to this excellent hotel where nothing is too much trouble. The standard of the hotel is high regarding decor, facilities and cleanliness. Staff friendly, presentable and always helpful.

Room Tip: This time we booked a bay suite which add a separate bedroom with en suite bathroom, open plan kitchen lounge with double sofa bed with a separate shower toilet room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Veyonne,

Allow us to thank you for sharing this experience at the Westin Dragonara Resort with fellow travellers.

Happily we note that all the family have enjoyed their holiday at the resort and we look very forward to welcome you back for another vacation in the future.

Should you plan a return visit please do not hesitate to contact me directly on stephanie.micallef@westin.com

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Large and lovely hotel / resort that has a lot to offer. Extremely good location with lovely views and delicious swimming posibilities straight out to the sea (in addition to well-kept pool areas). Professional service and also wellcoming for families with small children. 3-4 quality restaurants with reasonable prices. Overall high quality in all aspects without being snobbish. Superb atmosphere. I will definately recommend this hotel to anyone considering Malta.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Kjetard,

Thank you for your comments following your stay at the Westin Dragonara Resort.

As you have rightly mentioned, the resort indeed has a great location. The Westin Dragonara Resort is located on a peninsula enjoying the wonderful views, whilst still very close to the centre of St. Julian’s and other amenities.

We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed this stay and look very forward to welcome you back in the future

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Worst amenities I have seen in a room ever. Instant coffee sachets in the minibar. Ancient fridge with rotting wood. And rotting would seems to be the motif in this Westin.

Came here second weekend of July with my partner. Pool areas were all overcrowded. Seemed to have memberships being over sold to outside guests for the pool club.

Fitness club was even worse in peak hours. Equipment extremely out dated.

Forget about Fresh coffee/juice at breakfast or even decent eggs. The food service and quality is just POOR.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Greg K
michael_kamsky, General Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Greg K,

Allow me to thank you for your comments following your stay at our resort.

The points you have highlighted in your review have been well noted with concern. Whilst we apologise for not delivering the service we are so renowned for, I invite you to contact me directly with further details on your experience at the resort. This will only help us to continue to improve on our service and experiences of our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back where you can experience the excellent service and standards of the Westin Dragonara Resort which we are so renowned for.

Michael Kamsky
Michael.kamsky@westin.com

Reviewed July 25, 2013

the pool/watersport club area is great here-easy access to the sea straight from the sunloungers which are well served from the bar.Rooms,comfortable and well equipped ours had smashing big balcony area overlooking the sea.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
MicallefStephanie, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear gourmetgooner,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Westin Dragonara Resort with fellow travellers.

We are happy to read that you have enjoyed this stay and the resort’s facilities. Being set on a peninsula measuring 75,000sqm of land, indeed the resort offers direct access to the sea and enjoys wonderful sea views from our guest rooms.

Whilst thanking you again for your comments we look forward to welcome you back in the future

Best regards