“I highly recommend”

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
“I highly recommend”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Luxurious place for business, leisure, family! I recommend, I was satisfied with gastronomy, services. Beach, swimming pool in reach. Be careful, WI-FI is not included in the accommodation rate. However, travelling as business, we had a special code.

Room Tip: Large comfortable room, I recommend the room for the sunrise side!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MicallefStephanie, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Andrea S,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Westin Dragonara Resort with fellow travellers.

We note with delight that you have enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the services and facilities at the resort. I would like to take this opportunity to clarify that WiFi is offered on a complimentary basis at the lobby area of the resort, although this is at a charge in our guest rooms.

Thank you once again for your comments and for choosing the Westin Dragonara Resort for your stay in Malta. We look very forward to welcome you back in the future

Stephanie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
DFW
Reviewed July 17, 2013

All I can say is hats off to the GM and his staff!

The property is amazing and the people are even more so. From the second I arrived at the property we were treated with the utmost respect and professionalism and that continued during the whole stay!

The rooms were very modern, relaxing, clean and enjoyable. The property and facilities were extremely well maintained and cleaned! All the staff went above and beyond and really treated my family extremely well!

I was very impressed with your maintenance staff too…there was a broken plank between the two pools and within an hour the wooden plank was already replaced! I have stayed at many other 5 star properties over the years and I have experienced repairs to take much longer!

I have been in the travel business for almost 20 years and I must say this has been one of the best hotels I have stayed at across the globe!

Also, Pam and Maria at the executive lounge were unbelievably good. Not only was the service excellent but they were extremely friendly, knowledgeable about the island and were always very cheerful! A big hats off to Pam and Maria. If you had a “Star of Excellence” type award for them I would nominate them immediately! Please let them know how great they are from me!

Amazing stay, property and experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MicallefStephanie, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear TravelMeisterDfw,

Thank you for choosing the Westin Dragonara Resort.

We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the resort and the hotel facilities. Your comments have been shared with the team as it is always very nice to hear such comments about the property and the service.

Should you be returning to the resort in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly on stephanie.micallef@westin.com, we look very forward to welcome you back in the future

Fgura Malta
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I compare this Hotel with a bottle of wine. The older the better it gets. The staff are extremely helpful and always with a smile. Upon our arrival, we were met by Joseph, who is always with a big smile and goes out of his way to help. Cedric at the Reception is excellent and he knows his job extremely well, very much educated and very polite.
The Pool area has been transformed magnificently, and it is run by Malcolm, who is very much appreciated by his staff.
I cannot but mention Mr Kamsky, whom even though during my stays, we never spoke, he is the backbone of this wonderful Hotel. He is always around and watching that what needs to be done is done in the best possible way.
i thank all the staff for always making us feel at home whilst away from home. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Baysiutes are amazing
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MicallefStephanie, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear JULIAN M,

Thank you for your wonderful comments following your stay at the Westin Dragonara Resort.

Happily we read that you have enjoyed the pool area and the resort facilities. Thank you for taking the time to mention my colleagues who are indeed always very helpful.

We look very forward to another opportunity to welcome you back to the resort in the future.

Be well
Hackensack, New Jersey
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Just returned from our vacation to Malta and had a great time. Driving to the hotel, I was concerned about the location, seemed very congested, more than we would have liked. However, I was pleasantly surprised as the resort itself was very quiet. The location turned out to be a life saver as we could walk to different restaurants for dinner and not take the car out. The location was also convenient to all the different sights we wanted to see, often just a quick car ride. (Be forewarned, driving in Malta is difficult, no street signs, lots of traffic and driving on the left but it is how we like to travel).
Had a bay view suite which had 2 bathrooms, nice view of the water and very quiet. My only complaint was that it got only morning sun so the afternoons tended to be a little dark when we got back. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom clean and modern.
Breakfast was good, enough of a variety that everyone was happy. Did not eat at any of the restaurants at night so can't comment though we ate at the pool for lunch a few times and it was good.
We enjoyed the pool and the beach, plenty of sunbeds and none of that annoying habit of people reserving them at 5 am. My 8 year old had a raft but was not allowed to use it in the main pool which I thought was ridiculous as at the most there were 5 people in the pool at any given time. To use the raft, you had to use the family pool on the other side of the resort, not such a great pool, very cloudy water and a little remote.
The staff were amazing, friendly and helpful, especially when we arrived missing all our luggage. (The luggage arrived the next day by the airlines but the hotel stayed on top of it). George, the concierge, was the best I ever encountered. He gave us great recommendations for dinner, driving directions, etc,all with a smile on his face. Thank you George.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pattycakes15
MicallefStephanie, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Pattycakes15,

Thank you for sharing this experience with fellow travellers.

We are glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the resort. The Westin Dragonara Resort indeed has a great location, close to the centre of St. Julian’s whilst sitting on a peninsula enjoying the wonderful sea views.

Should you wish to give us further details on your experience at the resort please feel free to contact me directly on stephanie.micallef@westin.com. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back to the resort in the future

Knokke-Heist, Belgium
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Hotel is great for families, which is the primary reason i chose it. Must say the personnel was extremely helpful and friendly to ensure my son and myself had a great and adventurous time. Food in the various dedicated restaurants is excellent, standard grill a bit disappointing. Idem for breakfast by the way.

1 Thank FrankStockx
MicallefStephanie, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear FrankStockx,

We are happy to note in your review that you have enjoyed your stay at the resort. Thank you for sharing these comments with fellow travellers.

Your feedback regarding the buffet has been well noted and shared with the team, we apologise for not meeting your expectations in this area. I invite you to contact us directly on stephanie.micallef@westin.com with further details on your experience at the restaurant.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Westin Dragonara Resort in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Well I've traveled quite a bit and have stayed at a lot of different hotels but in my opinion the Westin Dragonara is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at.

First the hotel itself is beautiful and luxurious without being stuffy and the staff is, on every level, one of the best I have ever encountered.

My room which technically was not an ocean view room still gave me a great view of the ocean. It was spacious, clean and comfortable with excellent air conditioning and great water pressure. The bed of course (being a Westin) was almost too comfortable and I needed both a wake up call and my cell phone alarm to get me out of the bed every morning.

Now the staff, the staff are genuinely friendly, incredibly knowledgeable about their island and go out of their way to make sure you feel welcome and happy.

On my last day there almost every staff member I ran into knew my name and gave me variations of "We hope enjoy your last day" and "we're sorry to see you go" etc. Those little touches really make you feel special and it didn't seem faked or forced.

Now for some stand outs. George the concierge knows his country and is obviously a bit of a foody who is not interested in sending you to the most expensive restaurant but wants to send you to the restaurant that he thinks will give you what you are looking for. I took George's suggestions for dining for my entire five day stay and he did not steer me wrong once.

The other stand outs are the folks working in the lobby/terrace bar who are funny, fun, friendly, knowledgeable not only about the island but what they think you should have for a cocktail and really went out of their way to make sure you're having fun.

Ramon and Tonio after my first couple of nights new what I wanted to drink before going out for dinner. As I would exit the elevator, if they saw me, they would begin to pour my pint of Cisk (a very good local beer) and it would be waiting for me before I even sat down.

John, Clemance, Isabel and Leanne (not sure if I spelled all those correctly) are some of the friendliest wait staff I have ever encountered. They would ask about my day and then very patiently and with a smile look at all the photos I had taken while exploring Malta.

Honestly it was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had and was the highlight of my entire trip.

I love it so much I have decided to spend two weeks there next summer for my birthday...and I can't wait to go back.

I only ate in the hotel once for breakfast but ate desert there every night and was always pleasantly surprised with the variety of freshly baked cakes and pastries. Don't judge me I was on vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ramblinAmerican
MicallefStephanie, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear ramblinAmerican,

Allow us to thank you for sharing this experience with fellow travellers.

The rooms at the resort are indeed very spacious with the sea view deluxe room measuring around 40sqm. The rooms are also equipped with the famous Heavenly Beds which we gladly read you have found very comfortable.

Thank you for mentioning my colleagues for their professionalism and friendliness. Your wonderful comments have been shared with the team.

We thank you for choosing the Westin Dragonara Resort and look forward to see you again next summer

Best regards
Newmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed for a week but wished it was two! Very relaxing holiday. Ideal location, sufficiently far enough away from the beer goggled youngsters in Paceville not to hear their noise! Breakfast on 8th Floor, being looked after by Maria and Pam - excellent! Front of house George, Joseph and Tony - all excellent, very helpful and knowledgeable. However, the one 'fly in the ointment', our room had an adjoining door to the room next door. Alas, a family with a toddler and a baby were in residence. Ok if you want to be woken at 6.30 in the morning by the toddler screaming and the mother shouting at him! So, the hotel room allocation needs to be a bit more attentive to those who don't have children and might like a lay in without the need for an adjoining door to hear everything through! All in all, would we come back? Yes, most certainly but not a room with an adjoining door...... please!!

Room Tip: A room without an adjoining door a must!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jeanjeannie_13,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at the Westin Dragonara Resort.

Happily we read that you had a very relaxing holiday and enjoyed your stay. The resort indeed has a great location, close to the centre of St. Julian’s whilst cut off on a peninsula enjoying the wonderful views.

Should you be returning to the resort please do not hesitate to contact me directly on stephanie.micallef@westin.com for any accommodation arrangements.

Once again thank you for your feedback, which has been passed on to the team. We look very forward to see you again at the Westin Dragonara Resort.

Be well
Corinthia Hotel St. George's Bay
#7 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
Radisson Blu Resort, Malta St Julian's

Been to The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta? Share your experiences!