We went to the westin on holiday in late July early August 2012 and it was one of the most frustrating holidays I've ever been on.
From the photos the resort looks amazing as do the facilities and the room. The photos themselves dont do the resort itself justice. The setting and the rooms and the hotel as a whole are brilliant, what you would expect of a 5 star internationally branded resort. But the service and food was AWFUL. and when I say awful, I really mean it. We stayed full board which meant that it would of been stupid to eat anywhere else, but in the end we were forced to as the food was that bad. The terrace resteraunt was good as it had a good atmosphere with liv music some nights, but the food was bitty with no real theme. Furthermore, there was hardly anything there to eat! The other resteraunt Pablo's or something like that was even worse. The pasta looked like soup out of a tin and the supposed pork ribs were more like enormous fatty cow ribs.
The service is on another level. As you can imagine, after the shocking food, we wanted good service to repair some of the damage. Unfortuntley this didnt happen. Everytime we ordered a drink it would take a good 40 mins for them to arrive after 10 minutes of chasing them and even them they would be wrong.
Around 2 nights before the end of the holiday, I wrote an email complaining to the management about these elemantary issues. The next morning at breakfast, after we arrived I noticed that the manager on duty phoned the senior management straight away. Soon after a lady called Stephaine came walking over and talked for a little while whilst we ate breakfast. In the end I asked if she could leave us be to enjoy the rest of our holiday.
please take my advice in saying DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. its really terrible. Since this stay, we have returned to malta and stayed at the Radisson Melia Bay which is a true 5 star. I would recommend that people looking for a 5 star stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suffused with the clear stillness of our refreshing seaside location, The Westin Dragonara Resort is a place where nothing matters except your delight. The resort rests on its 74,000 square metre peninsula like a crown jewel, with the azure waters of the Mediterranean lapping against two private beach lidos, their outdoor pools, gorgeous views and direct access to the sea. Recharge in our WestinWORKOUT® gym. Entertainment abounds, with diving, watersports, and Malta’s historic casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Westin Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Dragonara Hotel Malta
- Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Westin
- Westin Dragonara Malta