We have stayed at this great hotel many times when visiting Malta, before this year’s visit we spent a week at the hotel in 2009, our return visit in 2001 commenced on the 26th August.
As usual the staff work hard here to take care of their guests and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here although it became evident that the hotels five star crown has tilted a little.
There appears to be a need to increase and improve general maintenance, we noticed a number of areas that needed some attention and we were a little concerned to see light fittings in our hallway to be loose with wires exposed. Other areas were in need of a lick of paint.
Our room was spacious with all the facilities we would require for our weeks stay. Breakfast was good and the terraces and pool areas very comfortable and clean.
The bar area is pleasant and an ideal place to relax following a day in the heat, the drawback at the bar is the excessive pricing, a glass of the local brew, chisk is considerably more expensive than anywhere else in Malta, including other five star hotels and high class venues in Valetta.
Some attention to detail is also required when allocating rooms. As a group of three mature males, one with limited mobility, we reserved a room that offers a walk in shower. The room allocated with the requested disabled facility only offered one bed, we were expected to share the one bed, three in a bed. Additional beds were eventually brought into the room when we pointed out that most males would not be willing to share three in one bed.
At reception we were told that we had been notified that there would be just one bed. We had not received any such notification and I have asked for confirmation on how this message was transmitted to us, naturally we would have responded to such a notification if received.
The surrounding area of St Julian’s and Paceville is undergoing considerable change, the area is so different since we lived in the area in the early nineties. There continues to be plenty of night life on offer and Paceville can be loud although this hotel is sufficiently out of the way from the night life so it will not affect residents at the hotel even though the hustle and bustle of the bars and clubs is just a four minute walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suffused with the clear stillness of our refreshing seaside location, The Westin Dragonara Resort is a place where nothing matters except your delight. The resort rests on its 74,000 square metre peninsula like a crown jewel, with the azure waters of the Mediterranean lapping against two private beach lidos, their outdoor pools, gorgeous views and direct access to the sea. Recharge in our WestinWORKOUT® gym. Entertainment abounds, with diving, watersports, and Malta’s historic casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Westin Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Dragonara Hotel Malta
- Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Westin
- Westin Dragonara Malta