My new husband and I just came back from staying in the Westin, it was the most wonderful holiday. We decided last year to get married in Malta and we spoke to a planner over there, Sarah Young, she showed us a number of locations for our small family wedding and we chose the Westin as our venue. It was absolutely perfect, the venue itself was in the Quadro restaurant, right across from the hotels side entrance.
The majority of our family chose to stay in the hotel and no-one was dissappointed. We had with us an adult with mobility issues (my father) and an eight month old baby, neither issue posed a problem for the hotel. We arranged a cot for the baby and a disabled room for the adult, at no extra cost. While we were there they even gave us a wheel chair for my dad.
There are a few major things that shine for me about this hotel, firstly was that my own room started to have a small issue and I mentioned it to the main desk, they sent someone straight away to fix it. The following day, unfortunately the problem returned, immediately they upgraded us to another room and had our luggage moved. No messing or hassle, just job done. I've stayed in a 5* hotel elsewhere and had to complain over the course of days before anything was done, so to me this was amazing. The second was later on the day of the wedding.
So my wedding day arrived and my dad didn't want to use the wheel chair as he wanted to walk me down the aisle, he was going to have trouble getting to the venue, it was either walk down the aprox 25 steps or walk around from the front of the hotel, neither option was ideal. The hotel was extremely accomodating and offered to drive my dad from the front door to the restaurant, it was perfect. He wasn't over exerted and I didn't have to worry about him.
When the evening was coming to a close, we decided to return to the hotel lobby for a few drinks and my dad had forgotten to take his medication, (all the excitement), he was very unsteady on his feet. We tried to get the hotel car back for him but unfortunately it was unavailable at the time. As we stood trying to figure out what to do, our waiter, Martin, went and got his own car and brought my dad to the front door. I can't explain how that simple act was so huge for us. He was truely the hero of the hour and there is no way for me to explain my gratitude.
The last thing that has me giving this shining review is that on our last day, our flight wasn't until 9pm, check out is at 12. The hotel automatically blocked off, on their computer system, the room my dad was in so that he had a late check out at no extra cost. We hadn't asked for this service, they did it as they knew he would problems.
I'm sure we could have found hotels cheaper but the service they provided went beyond money, they were always pleasant and helpful. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suffused with the clear stillness of our refreshing seaside location, The Westin Dragonara Resort is a place where nothing matters except your delight. The resort rests on its 74,000 square metre peninsula like a crown jewel, with the azure waters of the Mediterranean lapping against two private beach lidos, their outdoor pools, gorgeous views and direct access to the sea. Recharge in our WestinWORKOUT® gym. Entertainment abounds, with diving, watersports, and Malta’s historic casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta Hotel Saint Julian`s
- Westin Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Dragonara Hotel Malta
- Dragonara Resort Malta
- Westin Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Westin
- Westin Dragonara Malta