“Simply the best hotel I have stayed in”

The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Stayed for 6 nights in May as I was running a training course in Pembroke. The hotel is simply the nicest hotel I have stayed in. The room I was allocated was huge, clean and quiet with a wonderful view of the sea from the balcony. The food was delicious, the pool was clean and in excellent condition, and the staff were extremely friendly. I liked it so much that I plan to take the family there next year on holiday. Book this hotel and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank memoreks
mariattard, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

Dear memoreks,

We were so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Dragonara Resort and that you were pleased with the service of our staff, the facilities that we have to offer and the convenient location of the hotel.

Your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us as we constantly strive to make each and every guest's experience at the Westin Dragonara Resort a heavenly one.

May we take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

Best wishes,

Reviewed May 16, 2011

Our first visit to malta and certainly will not be our last, made all the more special by the hotel we stayed in and the quality of the staff who make it their mission to ensure your every need is taken care of.

We did read the reviews prior to booking and with the exception of only a couple of bad reviews (not sure hoe these people could be detailing this actual hotel as it bears no resemblance to the hotel we stayed at!!), the hotel is exactly as so many others have described.

Special thanks to Maria and the Front Desk staff.

Dear RP1966,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for making the time to highlight your renewing experience during your most recent stay at the Westin Dragonara Resort with fellow travellers.

It is indeed our great pleasure to come to realise that you even enjoyed the interaction with the Westin team. Rest assured that preserving wellness in travel is our brand positioning in relation to other brands.

We do look forward to welcome you back to Malta and indeed to the Westin Dragonara Resort, for which I urge you to contact us directly to facilitate your booking process.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed May 13, 2011

The hotel was outstanding, the staff, atmosphear, breakfast for a queen (so good with so much veraiety and so fresh and tasty), the room was amazing, romantic, clean, well kept. The concierge staff were welcoming as if I was family, the recomendation of restaurants was superb! The hotel location is on the best places to be, to go out at night, shopping in the day and site seeing. The Qadro restaurant that belongs to the hotel is one of a kind!!! the food was just the best on this Island and one of the best I ate in general ( and i had dinened in fancy expensive restaurants in my life) the view is spectaculare, the blend of stasts, we orderd as a starter carpatio, and crab soup the carpatio was amazing and came with a tost and goats chees with some sitrus taste that enhanced the flavor of the meat, my soup came with a small fish hamburger, so elegant, so sexy and lush, then we had carbonara pasta and seabass with risoto, everything was cooked to perfection, so well presented, I joked and asked if I could have the recepies, 10 min later i had all the recepies copied personally for me, the cheff himself came to shake my hand, a talented men traind in Malta and France running the restaurant for 6 years now, doing his job on the best way possible. The restaurant manager was so pleasent and so welcoming, the staff were knowledgeble, and were there to serve us and give us the best of all, AND WE DID. We also went diving in the hotel divewise place, our guide Anne was just what we needed after 5 years of rest, so patient and informative, reasuring and profesional.On our last day unfortunatly I was sick with fever, and the flight was only at midnight, the concierge with the manager allowed us to stay in our room till we needed, no questions asked no curfuw, no problem just "enjouy your last day and get well". What can I say I am now wating to go back, full of dramy memories, can't take the smile of my face when I talk about the vacation, DON'T MISS MALTA AND THE WESTIN DRAGONARA, IT'S A MUST!!!

Room Tip: The view to the sea is a must, the area is quaite
1  Thank carosemah
JonathanBorg, Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Dear Carosemah,

We are delighted to read your review and are very content to know you found your time spent at the Westin Dragonara Resort as a heavenly and renewing stay.

We do hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Malta, for which stay I am inviting you to contact us directly!

With our warmest regards

Reviewed May 12, 2011

The hotel has little problems with maintenance (the grounds remained uncleaned one week after "brown rain" made everything filthy) and other (old pool chairs, ill fitting windows, very "tired" pool area and on/off Internet connections) but this was made-up more than one can explain by extremely friendly, efficient and helpful staff. No problem remained unsolved for more than 5 minutes, we have never seen such superb care. Everywhere. In every department without exception. Obviously it is not the staff's, not even Starwood's Management's fault if the owners don't invest as needed. A pity. Otherwise it could be à 5 mark hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the west wing during summer, too hot
2  Thank TripperEurope1

Dear TripperEurope1,

Firstly, allow me to communicate my sincere appreciation in contributing your Westin Dragonara Resort experience with fellow travelers.

Allow me to highlight, that weather from South winds tends to be full of sand and hence, the brown rain as you very well described it. On the other hand however, the pool furniture has been recently replaced, thus, I do invite you to contact me directly on jonathan.borg@westin.com to give me more details in relation to such matter.

Rest assured that your comments in relation to the genuine care of our team shall be shared with all levels of staff.

Be well,

Reviewed May 11, 2011

The Westin Dragonara Resort looked amazing on the web but in reality it was just OK. The weather played a big part in this as Malta is notoriously windy and the wind seemed to blow in off the sea towards the hotel.
The staff in the hotel were lovely and the reception area is stunning. There are many restaurants in the hotel but we preferred eating out and seeing a bit more of Malta. The hallways off to the rooms were disappointing, peeling paintwork and random chairs which were clearly leftovers from rooms. The bedroom itself (Tower Room) was very large. It had everything you could need and was very clean. The rooms 20m balcony was a bit of a disappointment as it hardly got any sun. I would opt for a standard room instead. The location of the hotel is OK, it isn't right by the restaurants like Hotel Juliani but thats kind of nice because its so quiet you can leave the windows and doors open and just hear the sea. I think an older couple or family would love this hotel but for me it was a bit bland and too large to have any real personality.
St Julien is full of cafes and restaurants and on a Friday and Saturday night becomes quite busy with those visiting bars and clubs. Despite the fact there are clubs the area doesn't feel like the usual strips you get in the costa del sol and if you want to leave the area then there’s local buses available from a bus stop 2 mins away or the hotel can arrange taxis.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Jem813,

Primarily, allow me to thank you for making the time to share this review with fellow travelers following your recent stay at the Westin Dragonara Resort!

We are happy to read that you enjoyed the Tower Rooms and the unique terraces such room categories comprise of even though you did not get much sun during your time of stay. However, rest assured that during the Summer months when the sun is shining for the majority of the day the Tower Room terraces offer a unique and private ambience.

We do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future,

Regards,

Reviewed May 10, 2011

We have used the hotel on various occasions and always find the service impeccable and discreet as well as very helpful. The atmosphere in the hotel is always a peaceful one even when it is busy. Definitely an experience to return to

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Dear ela2311,

Thank you for this so nice review!

We are delighted to read that on numerous occasions the Westin team has exceeded your expectations, even in time when the business is at its peak time.

We look forward for the next opportunity to have you stay or dine within the Resort and we do invite you to contact me directly should you ever require any assistance.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed May 8, 2011

Clean hotel with polite and helpful staff. Well located within walking distance of Spinola Bay. Easy bus ride to Valetta (I know everyone else knocks the buses but for <50 cents per journey - it is fine)

Excellent restaurant associated called Quadro. Free wifi in the reception area and bar.

My big bug bear is a lack of wifi in the rooms and the charge for internet in the room.

It was good but not quite enough amenities to make it an excellent

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
mariattard, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2011

Dear MandMK,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Dragonara Resort during your visit to Malta and for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to see that you were generally satisfied with the hotel and the service offering and rest assured that we have taken note of the other constructive comments you have made.

Thank you once again for your feedback as this assists us in continually improving on the services and facilities we have to offer our guests.

With warm regards and best wishes,

Guest Relations Manager

Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
Le Meridien St. Julians
Le Meridien St. Julians
#10 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta? Share your experiences!