Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel
Hotel Valentina(Saint Julian's)
$166
$158
Hotels.com
Le Meridien St. Julians(Saint Julian's)
$250
Hotel Juliani(Saint Julian's)
$230
TripAdvisor
1,420 results
All reviewssea viewnice hotelrooftop poolcentral locationduty managerthe wi fifour starsuperior roombreakfast and dinnerst juliansreception staffrestaurants and barsweekend breakpublic areasnight lifespinola baymalta
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel gives a very good first impression. Breakfast was excellent- fantastic selection of cereals, yoghurts, cold and hot food. I have special dietary requirements and still came out full and very satisfied every morning. We had a bit of rearranging to do, as a friend made a last minute booking to come on our holiday, and the hotel staff were extremely helpful and changed us from a three person to four person room, with no hassle, 24 hours before our check-in. Having both an indoor and outdoor pool was great. Staff were friendly and helpful. We had an issue with one of the air-con units and within 15 minutes someone from maintenance was up to look at it. He couldn't fix it but said that he would have someone back the next morning to sort it- which he did. I did request an extra blanket at reception one morning and arrived back late that night to discover no extra blanket. However, the following evening I spoke to a different person at reception and had my extra blanket delivered to the room within 10 minutes. We had absolutely no problem with noise in the hotel, although one night there was a lot of noise from the hotel opposite (we did have our windows open). The hotel is literally around the corner from the bars and clubs of Paceville, so some noise was to be expected. Pick up for hopon/hopoff and other tours is bang outside the hotel. Yes, some parts of the hotel could do with updating, however I thought the hotel was great value for money and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nicola G
GoldenTulipVivaldi, guest relation officer at Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Golden Tulip Vivaldi on trip Advisor.

So glad that you have mentioned my colleagues who are always indeed very helpful.
Looking forward to host you once again in the near future

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The service, the breakfast buffet, and the staff were very good.
The public areas - the reception and the dining rooms were beautifully maintained and elegant looking.
The bedrooms were a little tired and in need of some renovation - carpets were tatty, some bathroom floor tiles cracked, bedsheets had cigarette holes, curtains frayed.
There was no bedroom safe to use.
I requested a double bed but got 2 twins pushed together.
I would go back here - it was fine for the money I paid and the time I stayed there.

Room Tip: sea view rooms (although not very close to the sea) face away from the nightlife and so are quiet. I was in a room facing out the back of the hotel on floor 4 and it was quiet at night. Rooms facing out of the front of the hotel look out over the nightlife streets and are noisy until 3am.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicola M
GoldenTulipVivaldi, guest relation officer at Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your feedback of when you where staying at The Golden Tulip Vivaldi.

Thank you for complimenting our staff who is always there to help our guests with whatever they might need.

Regarding the rooms you can rest assure that we consider constant refurbishment of the Hotel. However all our beds are single so we can accommodate every request of our guests.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Good location in terms of the tourist facilities and casino. Breakfast on offer is decent.
Overall, the hotel looks dated and tired and in need of refurbishment, especially the bathrooms. Details do matter! Though the size of the room is decent, they have a slight damp smell. The rooms are separated by very thin walls to the extent that I was woken up by the telephone ringing in the next room. A fellow colleague also staying there had to change rooms due to the noise by drunk youngsters having a party in the next room.
In addition, the charge for wifi in the room at 3 euros per hour is very expensive.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sunnycy
GoldenTulipVivaldi, guest relation officer at Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your holiday here in Malta. We are glad that you have found the location of our Hotel convenient .

Your comments have been taken seriously and have been discussed with the management team. However you can rest assure that we consider constant refurbishment of the property.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The staff is very friendly. Breakfast was as good, even for us who prefer a vegetarian meal at breakfast, but the 2 standard rooms we got for our family of 4 were sub-standard. The rooms seemed to be less than clean. The toilets had flushing problems. We could hear singing and shouting from the streets at 2 a.m. in the morning - keeping you awake. The mattresses were not comfortable and in need of replacement. When we asked to change the rooms were told that the hotel is fukk but we could upgrade for a charge to better rooms. Not sure they would be cleaner, maybe just the view would change.
The hotel is rated 4 stars, we would say 3 stars or less because of the problems described above.
Some of the lifts did not work. Electricity went off for upto minutes at a time.
The top floor swimming pool has a great view but is pretty small. The undergroung pool
and jacuzzi are nice and cute but not always heated. Foodwise, they have above average resatuarants with nice views of the sea, prices were reasonable.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms are quiter as there are no pubs or restaurants below
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

As a constant business visitor to Malta and someone who stays in hotels as my travels dictate, it takes a lot to impress me.
Walking in through the main door, I stopped and looked.... WOW! Impressive!
Check-in... super fast, delayed only by the speed of me filling in the registration form!
The receptionist... makes sure you don't leave until she explains where everything is, restaurant timings, where the bars are, where the gym and swimming pools are, and what happening today (the day you arrive)... Excellent!
Hotel internet.. depending on your room, grade of package some pay, some don't, however I found it to be very slow, but better than nothing.

Layout.... very good.... lifts on both side of reception to the rooms above.
Room.... Big and clean. Bathroom very clean. However, the room and hotel (as was pointed out to me by the General Manager) is due for a make over.
The room has a fridge, but no tea/coffee making facilities
Yes, it could do with some love and attention.. but a busy hotel does take a lot of knocks along the way.
The lifts... could do with newer ones.. somewhat erratic in their function... but not annoying!

Food.. my favourite subject! I arrived on a Saturday, and in the restaurant it was Italian Night.
Good food, lots of it and well cooked in front of you and well presented.
Impressed? Yes, and the restaurant staff we very attentive and happy, plus the chefs cooking fresh in the middle of the restaurant also very friendly and attentive. Nothing was to much trouble.

I mentioned the General Manager. It is always good to see the General Manager leading from the front, and he was the duty manager the night I stayed. I watched him talk to guests, carry bags, check guests in and out, carry coffee to tables and run a private BBQ for 200 plus on the roof top.
We did speak for a while and he informed me that there is a work in progress for the hotel, to upgrade and makeover many of the rooms and hotel facilities. I for one can't wait to see them.

Breakfast... was ok....however the staff were a bit TOO keen to clear my table, while I was gone for more coffee or another course. I put that down to a junior with desire to impress her supervisor. Also the hotel is busy, so an empty table means someone else can sit had have breakfast.

I found the staff very friendly, and that is usually a reflection of the management... helpful and smiling.

If you are expecting a quiet hotel, then it is and its not. Reception as you would imagine is very busy. The restaurant was noisy only because I went early as it opened, along with the families with small and young children, who let it be known when they don't like the food they are given!
The rooms and corridors very quiet and the window to the balcony is double-double glazed. It keep out the heat and the noise.

Would I stay here again? Yes without any hesitation.

Room Tip: there are sea view rooms, but I think there is a cost factor to having one.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Brich57
GoldenTulipVivaldi, guest relation officer at Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and we were delighted to read of your enjoyable stay at the Golden Tulip Vivaldi.

Thank you for complimenting our staff aswel as the General Manager who do their utmost to meet our guests needs and requests.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Kind Regards,

Alison Galea (guest relation offcer)