If you are looking for a cheap no frills hotel with mediocre buffet breakfast and watery juice from a drinks machine, are not too bothered about attention to cleanliness, and staff that are impersonal then go ahead and book this.
Decor is tired and outdated, very grubby around the edges. Definitely needs a face lift.
In the dining room I noticed lack of care in overall cleanliness and decor and furnishings had seen better days.
Bedroom was adequate with large double bed but awful plastic mattress protector. There are much better ones on the market without plastic. These ones just made you hot and sweaty and did not fit properly. On first arriving in the room my husband noticed toenails left on the carpet.
Bathroom still had hairs on the floor and in the bath after the cleaner had been in and shower curtain all yellowed at the bottom edge.
The shower is just one attached to the taps in the bath and the water more or less just trickled out.
I don't mind a bargain hotel, I am all for basic accommodation if the price is right, but as long as I know that is what they are advertising. For a four star hotel I would expect at the very least better attention to detail in the cleanliness department and more friendly helpful and welcoming staff who are prepared to make an effort to make your stay a pleasant one.
Overall the accommodation was more like 2 to 3 star, the price reasonable and the room average. Not a 4 star hotel by any ones standard. The location of the hotel is in a busy street with a night club and bars just up the road so can be a bit noisy at times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel - International Standards, local flavours. An unmatched option for business and leisure travellers in the heart of Malta's popular district, St. Julian's. Situated very close to the sparkling sea, the hotel promises stunning views and a genuine Mediterranean atmosphere. It is also very close to a number of amenities including the casino, cinema, bowling alley, tennis courts, shops, restaurants and banks. The hotel has 263 elegant rooms - many with panoramic sea views. We offer three dining options within the hotel - Antonio's , our main restaurant, Rhapsody Cafe and Settimo Cielo - our rooftop a la carte eatery which is open during the summer. Thanks to the magical atmosphere of our roof deck and our excellent in house facilities, we are proud to be a top choice for business meetings, functions & Weddings in Malta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Saint Julians
- Saint Julians Golden Tulip
- Vivaldi Hotel Malta
- Golden Tulip Saint Julian's
- Saint Julian's Golden Tulip
- Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel Malta