“Amazing”
Review of Giuseppe's Lido - CLOSED

Giuseppe's Lido
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
York, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We ate here on our last night of short Malta trip.met friends from many years ago.have to say the food is truly first class,good service,very beautiful setting.will certainly return.

2 Thank Cew73

London, United Kingdom
“Great food, great view and great staff”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I discovered this restaurant whilst out for a walk looking for a different one (Peperoncino's) and to say it is a super location is a bit of an understatement. It is right on the sea with stairs leading from the restaurant down to it.

We tried that night to get a table but as they were fully booked (always a good sign), we had to book for two days later and it was well worth the wait.

We were very pleased that the high chair and the specific table I asked for were there ready for us and the staff could not have been more friendly or accommodating to us and our children - throughout the entire meal. It was a very nice touch that when we were seated, the waiter asked us if we'd like to try (gratis) a chicken liver mousse that the chef had been experimenting with and to give them our opinions - it was delicious by the way!!

Service was exemplary, the children's menu was fine and the fresh seafood we accepted was fabulous. Between us, we had excellent firm white fish (local name???), huge prawns and I had 6 of the tastiest scallops in their shells with a seasoned risotto that I've ever had. The cost of the meal was very reasonable and so were the wine and spirits.

We enjoyed our meal so much that we asked if we could book the exact same table for our last meal in Malta before coming home, 5 nights later. The waiter told us that we weren't the first customers to do that, that evening!!

The second visit was even better!! Again, we had fresh catch of the day which was exemplary. Everybody enjoyed their meals tremendously and my 6/7 prawns were some of the biggest I've ever had - rivalling Persian Gulf prawns, easily. This time, I was swayed with a dessert and I'm pleased I was. Caramelised pineapple with a coconut sorbet to die for!! The staff again were fantastic - and no, my bacardi glass did not have a hole in it!! ;-)

This restaurant deserves all the success it will undoubtedly achieve.

See you again at the end of August....we're coming back!!

• Visited July 2011