“Terrible” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante Il Pirata

Ristorante Il Pirata
Ranked #17 of 301 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sarpsborg, Norway
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

They didnt have enough menues (and the restaurant wasnt even full), so we had to wait for it. They forgot to give us the potatoes when we got the meat. They forgot to give us the check, and we waited for it for over 30 minutes before we got in touch with any of the people who worked there.

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Brisbane, Australia
“great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We ate here in late may. Waitress was very friendly and welcoming. Food was so delicious. I had a pasta stuffed with seafood and it was so good.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank gemma d
LONDON
“very good food, - service is well meaning but not great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We decided to eat here on a sunday as our first choice was closed, i wasnt entirely sure what to expect given the mixed bag of tripadvisor reviews but I was pleasantly surprised.

the feel of the restaurant is a modern design, and its a nice space, i ordered a pasta with maltese sausage and a goats cheese, my wife ordered an octopus salad, my daughters ordered calamari and another pasta dish.

Bruschetta arrived and was very nice, delicately seasoned and just right, we ordered a bottle of prosecco and ended up with a glass, this was quickly sorted but it did take a while for the wine to arrive !!!

when the food did arrive I have to say that my pasta dish was actually one of the best I have had in a long time, my wifes octupus salad was tasty and the calamari was also fresh..we all ate our food and asked for the the bill, twenty minutes later after a reminder we got it, all in all it was a very reasonable price, just a shame we had to ask.

So to sum up, good food and erratic but friendly service. - recommended.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JONMCINERN
London, United Kingdom
“Unwelcoming”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Having walked past and seen the restaurant buzzing a few times, we were drawn in to try it out for ourselves. We were greeted by a lovely waitress who showed us to a table (via the toilet which is bizarre!) and left us with some menus and sadly disappeared. We placed our orders and the food came and honestly wasn't half bad. I had a tasty Maltese pizza and my partner the ravioli. Unfortunately, the service from then on was diabolical. The staff were surly and disengaged, we weren't asked once how our meal was or paid any attention for the rest of our time there. We had a nice bottle of wine of which I wasn't adverse to having another of but it wasn't a nice dining experience and we definitely didn't feel our custom was valued so I was loathed to give them any more money. I wouldn't recommend...unless you can get a takeaway!

Visited May 2014
Hove, United Kingdom
“Meh!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

We had seen this restaurant on several evenings, buzzing with people and the menu looked nice so we thought we'd give it a try. We arrived at this restaurant at about 7.30pm and were the only diners. Lots of staff milling about looking busy but not actually doing anything, moving tables round and then moving them back. The waitress wasn't listening properly to our order, and missed something. Then the staff were holding a meeting at the back of the restaurant, not five feet from our table. Extremely unprofessional! I have a suspicion my pizza was part cooked and 'finished' in the wood fired oven - it arrived with a 'soggy bottom' and at least a third of the crust was utterly cremated. My partner's pasta was cooked perfectly but the sauce was too orange - it couldn't possibly have been home made. The atmosphere was awful, not helped by the dreadful lighting.

Not somewhere I'd go for a second visit.

• Visited May 2014