“Good not great”
Review of Gululu Restaurant

Gululu Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 311 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
portishead
“Good not great”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

big ( too big?) variety of dishes both local and international. Fair to say some better than others – in our party the octopus salad was amazing – both in terms of quantity and flavour, local pizzas were ho hum – bit greasy, bit solid, rabbit and potatoes was good, meal came to 160 E for 3 starters, 4 mains and 2 bottles of local wine so not especially cheap. very busy so needed to book.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
surrey
“First night”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We went to this restaurant our first night. We made a booking in the afternoon for the evening which we were glad we did as people were being turned away. The restaurant had a lovely location overlooking the bay although it was chilly sitting outside. Bread was complimentary which was really nice, food was okay nothing special. My husband had octopus stew and I had a chicken dish which was nothing special, it wasn't an expensive restaurant would not choose to go again as there are lots of restaurants to choose from albeit more expensive.

“Yummy lamb ”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We had Maltese sausage to start which we both love. So yummy. My partner then had lamb and it was absolutely delicious, fell of the bone. I had pasta and to be honest it had a herb in it that really wasn't to my taste. Also the pasta was to hard for me, but it wouldn't put me of going again. Happy eating

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Spinola Bay's (and possibly Malta's) best restaurant”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

After looking at menus around St Julian's selling standard tourist fare, we came across this gem of a place. On the bay this romantic yet modern eatery excels when it comes to great food, good prices and impeccable service by Maltese standards.

The menu has just the right variety, says what you are getting, with no surprises and is suitably traditional. The food itself is well-portioned, flavoursome and quick to arrive. Their ftiras are the best we ate in Malta and the octopus and rabbit were very tender and tasty.

The service here is superb by Maltese standards with honest recommendations and willingness to accommodate where possible.

Strongly recommend a visit, or several, to anyone visiting Malta, and also recommend booking in advance as they are invariably full and for good reason!

Grazzi Gululu!

Visited April 2014
Udine, Italy
“Maltese food”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I had a dinner last week in this restaurant because someone told me if I wanted to taste the maltese cuisine I should come here, and it was a great idea, I really enjoyed the food and the price was more than excellent.
I encourage anybody who wants to taste the traditional food from the island to come here!