“Awsome staff ,great antipasti- average paste and main.....”
Review of Gululu Restaurant

Gululu Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 325 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went there for lunch-3 Italians friends and me. The antipasti were out of this world- the famous Maltese cheese, after 8 years here I could finally appreciate the real taste of it. We got both fried and natural- SIMPLY AMAZING!!! The mix dips, home made -top quality!! Complemented with the very pro service and lovely day at Spinola Bay... we were very happy.
Then came the main...quite a disappointment unfortunately. I had the chicken ceasar salad- was OK despite of the quite dry meat-at least the taste was OK... My friends had: raviolli with the rabbit sauce- most of them stayed in the plate- average! The other 2 had the beef fillet- totally overcooked despite that we asked the waiter- can we get them medium-rare....
After we decided we will get the desserts elsewhere..

There are newer reviews for Gululu Restaurant

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We ate at Gululu on 24.10.12. We had a table overlooking Spinola Bay which was perfect. We were struggling to understand the menu (i.e. which dishes were starters) and the waitress talked us through it and explained it without us feeling stupid.
The view, the ambience, and the service, were all factors which made this a fantastic night out, but the main attraction was the food...you have to try the pumpkin soup which I could have eaten all night, and my partners beef steak was so tasty that we had to eat there again on the 25th (our last night) to ensure we had a memorable last meal in Malta, and so that I could order the beef steak. When we returned the next night, we were greeted like old friends which was really nice.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had a lovely meal here last March the food is tasty and reasonably priced and the service is good. Well worth a visit

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I loved eating here, the staff were so kind and helpful and the food was of very high quality, with a basket of freshbaked bread served on the side, the views from the terrace are hard to beat, go at night time for a romantic dinner, poor wee me I was eating solo but the views and lovely staff made me forget all about that.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This place lives on it's location and good service. The food is up to par but not overwhelming. It is consistent even a middle of summer with tourist season in full swing. The view is great, sitting on the Spinola water front with the water 5-10 m away from your table is hard to beat.