“Like being part of the family”

Sogdiana Guest-House
Ranked #5 of 15 Saint Julian's B&B and Inns
new york
“Like being part of the family”
Reviewed July 21, 2009

It was such a lucky day when I discovered Adam's and Eve's hotel after reading one of the previous reviews on this site, and I can confirm that it is a great place to stay. The warm and welcoming guest house is run by Eve, a charming hostess from Sheffield, England, who instantly makes guests feel right at home. Eve's co-pilot Cartsten, is a sweet-heart who happily makes sure that guests have everything they need, from clean towels and linen each day to a Mediterranean breakfast each morning. (The service is so good that one morning, after a late night out on the town, I slept quite late and was surprised that Carsten had kept my breakfast ready for me, despite the fact that the official times for breakfast had long-since passed.)

The hotel is in a great location, within walking distance to both the beach, as well as the restaurants, bars and clubs that form the core of Malta's nightlife. An added plus is that it also features one of the only gay bars on the island, a small but cozy joint run by the svelte and sassy Andy behind the bar and filled with lots of cute and colorful locals always friendly and willing to chat. Despite the bar's location on the main floor at the front of the hotel, the rooms are still quiet and I had no trouble sleeping on the (rare) nights that I went to bed before it closed.

Malta is very inexpensive by European standards and Adam's and Eve's hotel offers a great experience for a very low cost. I had intended to stay in Malta for only about four days but my experience was so great, and I felt so looked after by Eve, Carsten and Andy, that I ended up staying for 16 days! and even then I didn't want to leave. Eve arranged transfer to and from the airport for me, and from the moment I arrived I was made to feel a part of the family.

I've traveled all over the world but my experience in Malta and my stay at Adam's and Eve's hotel was quite unique. It gets top marks for service, cleanliness, location and all-around hospitality. I would HIGHLY recommend it to my fellow travelers!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank newyorktriathlete

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Essex
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Its a small hotel that is in a perfect location in the middle of St Julian's .Although St.Julian's the road that leads to Adam & Eve is really quite which helped us to have a good night sleep .
Eve organized all the lot for us from a transfer from the airport by Kevin Taxi Services to all the tours that we needed. In the morning we had the Mediterranean breakfast offered by the hotel which you were spoiled with choice.
The bar was fun and meeting Maltese people that hang around Adam & Eve's bar was great.
Rooms are air conditioned spotless and spacious and fresh linen and towels were there every day .
Eve Thanks for making our holiday so special we will be back
Off course not to forget Andy and Carsrin . Thanks to all

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sunnyplaces76
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 28, 2009

The hosts, Mario and Eve, did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable: airport pick-up, much local info, huge breakfasts, and every accommodation to facilitate our use of a wheelchair. During three weeks' travel in Europe, this was unquestionably our best value for cost as well. The bar/restaurant and the patio lounge were very pleasant and comfortable spaces, used by hotel guests and locals. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KevinandSteve
zurich
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Adam's staff is very friendly and they are always up for a chat... There is even a small bar in the same building which is popular for maltese gay people. Room rates are very fair and you get even a breakfast in the morning (and they are very flexible, should you wish to sleep longer). Nightbars and clubs are onyl 5 min walk away. Bus station 100m. So if you are planning to travel alone, stay with adam's and you feel like being part of a big family... Thanks for your hospitality..

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank michael80zurich
Pioz, Spain
Reviewed May 6, 2009

I just stayed in Adam's and Eve's for a long weekend, and I have to admit, this hotel was fantastic! Eve and Mario could not have been better hosts, and they make all the guests feel like part of the family.
The location of the hotel for whatever type of holiday is perfect, right in the middle of St Julians. The beach, bars, nightclubs and restaurants only few minute walk away.
The bar in the hotel is very reasonably priced, and very popular not only among the hotel guests but also with the Maltese, who are very friendly towards the tourists.
Every room has an air conditioning, and they are maintained very clean with a lot of spare towels.
All in all, I would most definately recommend this hotel, and I will be going back shortly.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank Ilpo R
Beniarbeig, Spain
Reviewed March 26, 2009

Mario is a very attentive host and the hotel rooms have been equipped to a high standard. Good value for money.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple