“malta dive trip”

Divewise Malta
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Saint Julian's
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our centre is based within the grounds of the Westin Dragonara Resort in St Julian's leading towards the casino - a fabulous location which is underground in the old workshops that were built in the times of the Knights of St John and have lots of character....Made the best use possible of these beautiful features with a modern twist and have an office, reception, small shop area, kit room, compressor room and classroom - outside we have plenty of room with fabulous wash/dry/storage facilities, good seating and shaded areas with drinks and snacks machines - 50 meters walk to the sea pool and house reef
Bude, United Kingdom
“malta dive trip”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I visited Malta last year with a group from our local dive club we had a fantastic trip.
Dive wise had great instructors and were very helpful.We had some great 30+ vis dives and did i lot of wreck diving including the um el faroud and the Bristol Beaufighter i would defiantly recommend Divewise to everyone else looking for a dive centre to go too.

Visited September 2013

• Polish first
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Open water diving course”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I would recommend Divewise to anyone who wishes to obtain their open water diving certification. The theory/course is great, diving gear is excellent and well maintained, staff and intructors are amazing.

Oz provided a great overview of the course, which helped me decide to go with this team.
Viv is warm, welcoming, well-organised and ensures everything runs smoothly.
Neville and Steve are great people whom I met and I know do an amazing job.

My first instructor was Anne, who was friendly and brilliant. She reinforced my learning from the course materials and we had a great 1st open water dive.

Toby was my instructor for the remainder of my confined water dives and 3 other open water dives. He is absolutely legendary and I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to learn from him.
He is extremely patient and communicated/demonstrated all the skills with clarity and most importantly, instilled great confidence in me to overcome fears and obtain the certification.

Many thanks to the team for opening up my life to include the underwater world. It's incredible.

UK
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Superb wreck dive”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Went diving with Dive Wise and friendly British run dive club. The team were a great laugh! It was very well priced, good communicated and the dive was very enjoyable.

We all dived on nitrox which improved our bottom time on the wreck.

Will defo come back and dive again with this club.

Niederglatt, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Diving par excellence”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

A friend and I vacationed at the Westin Dragonara Hotel in St.Julians, Malta over the New Year Holidays. I arranged before hand part of our diving with Viv from the Dive Center and after a couple emails back and fort we were all set.
On the arrival day, Viv was already in contact with the hotel to see if we had arrived and if we had a good journey. We made our way the short path down the from the Westin to the dive center that is located in a prime location for divers, less the 2 minutes from the hotel and were welcomed by Viv. We setup part of our dive plans for the week and got my friend squared away to get his Nitrox certification done while we stayed at the hotel.
The dive store is set in the old walls of the areas road and was just undergoing some remodeling to accommodate us divers even better. There is a great outside area with rinse tanks for your gear, hangers and canopies for the rainy moments or for the hot sunny times. There is ample space to spread your wings, get ready for the dives, sit around or sip on a cool drink. The house reef is a few feet away and easy to enter.
Steve W. was already waiting for us when we arrived the next day at 10:00 to get us setup with tanks, weights and whatever else we needed. It was a nice day to get our gear adjusted in the water right in front of the dive center so that the week was set for no surprises.
As Malta requires divers to have a guide on each dive, Steve joined us for our first dive.
The gear was all ready the next morning again for our next dive on the HMS Maori. Anne was our guide today and again, we got a great and professional guide for this dive. Watch for those slippery areas as you exit the water, they can get you down when you least expect it. :-)
Besides that we wanted to see some dive sites, it was also a week for some new fun dives. As I tried the Poseidon MK6 rebreather, and yes, you can get training at DiveWise for rebreathers and tech diving, my friend tried sidemount. He suffers from back issues and it was time to find a new way to assure he keeps diving. He was very happy to have tried it, so much that he stayed with the sidemount for the remainder of the week. My tryout dive of the rebreather was great and it triggered some thoughts for the future.

The diving in Malta is one of the best I have experienced so far. Clear waters, nice temperature of about 16 Celsius / 62 Fahrenheit. A simple undergarment and drysuit will keep you nice and cozy warm. Awesome shipwrecks, grottos and sea live. The best dives we had where at Cirkewwa. The “P29" and the “Rozi" as well as the famous "Um El Faroud", made our days. If the day is nice and the ocean calm, it is a must for the advanced diver. Don’t forget to get a hot dog or crepe from the food truck. Best in town!

Overall, it was a fun week and we where in the best hands. Steve W., Stephen, Anne and the other crew are simply the best crew I have encountered for a while, but if you want to know the ins and outs about Malta, where to eat and where to visit, ask Viv. She is your best source for any information and question you may have. Always caring and supporting. I wish more dive store owners would understand their concept and customer service. Alan the Guru at DiveWise always has some good thoughts and a good laugh.
Thank you Viv, Alan and Neville (Owners) as well as Anne, Steve W and Stephen for a throughly fantastic time and great diving vacation. We will be sure to be back! We promise.

Dubai
“Great diving and excellent service”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was in Malta for a week attending a conference and decided to tag on a couple of days of tech diving at the end. Despite it being low season and the dive centre undergoing building work, Viv and Steve went out of their way to put together two great days of diving for me. The dive centre is obviously a very slick operation and Steve was a really excellent guide. We dived the P29 patrol boat and the Rozi at Cirkewwa on the first day and the awesome wreck of the Um El Faroud the next. I thoroughly enjoyed both days of diving and will definitlely be back to dive some of the deeper wrecks in the Spring. Thanks to Viv and Steve for a really positive experience.