“Safety compromised by mumbling instructor”
Review of Divewise Malta

Divewise Malta
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Saint Julian's
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our centre is based within the grounds of the Westin Dragonara Resort in St Julian's leading towards the casino - a fabulous location which is underground in the old workshops that were built in the times of the Knights of St John and have lots of character....Made the best use possible of these beautiful features with a modern twist and have an office, reception, small shop area, kit room, compressor room and classroom - outside we have plenty of room with fabulous wash/dry/storage facilities, good seating and shaded areas with drinks and snacks machines - 50 meters walk to the sea pool and house reef
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Safety compromised by mumbling instructor”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Did my DSD (discover scuba diving) last year here. Decided to review a year later after doing my PADI course at Dive Malta (amazing centre) where I discovered how much was taught incorrectly. The instructor could barely speak English, not the managements best choice for a group of teenage friends from London. Considering the majority of instructors are English, I didn't realise this was a stretch. He misimformed all of us and this resulted in us all being at the surface at the majority of the dive and it was very uncomfortable. He told us that to ascend you must inflate your BCD. This is completely incorrect and can result in serious injuries. We couldn't understand a word the man was saying. Overal, dangerous. We then moved to Dive Malta and I had an excellent experience, and you can read my review on their page.

Visited September 2012
4 Thank benjo456

• Polish first
Bedfordshire
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A great shore excursion - Discover Scuba”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Before hand we exchanged several helpful emails and on the day Howard picked us (Dad and two teens) up from the port, he was also our instructor for the day. Everything was clearly explained and off we went to enclosed pool area. Here Howard checked we had mastered the basic skills and then out we went into the sea. What an experience, the fish, the water we were all amazed and jumped at the chance to go for another dive. This time we went by boat out to a WW2 wreck and here Howard was able to point out anchor chains , gun emplacements and all sorts of sea creatures. It was a great day and Howard then returned us to the port. We cannot recommend this tour to highly. The centre's personnel, location and the whole experience make it an ideal cruise shore excursion.

Visited August 2013
Hitchin, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great diving, safe, friendly and very organised”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

A super 3 days diving for my 15 year old son. They were very welcoming, did different things on each of the three days and went all over Malta including Comino. They were very safety conscious, looked after Ben really well and seemed to be well run by Viv and the team. We will be back and would recommend them highly.

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“The best dive shop, period!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Divewise 3 times in the last year, and I have to admit that they clearly stand out from all the other dive shops that I have ever been diving with.

Usually the first person to respond to your request is Viv. She keeps everything running behind the scenes and will do her best to make sure that all your diving dreams come true.

The remainder of the staff are phenomenal. I have done many different types of diving with them, from pleasure dives to professional courses. Their expertise, patience and knowledge are the stuff of legend.

Howard, Sarah, Alan, Nev, Darrell, Oz, big and little Steves, Vasi, Ann, Mark, P@, and Sam have all worked tirelessly to help make my diving experiences there fantastic.

Some of my favourite dives are the Faroud, P29, Rozi, the Blue Hole and the Inland Sea. Don't miss out on these great sites.

I can't wait to return and dive with them again.

1 Thank ajm198
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Dive with confidence! Divewise!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Right from the outset,the administration via E-mail with Viv was superb. The pre-arranged courses lived up to expectation and were throughly enjoyable. The staff supervision and emphasis on safety was excellent,inspiring total confidence. Their expert tuition engendered a real sense of achievement at all levels. Furthermore, the dive locations were varied and interesting. This company lives up to its name and it is a place that you frequently want to re-visit. Don't forget to pack your sense of humour!