“Fantastic Dive Centre, Fantastic People, Fantastic in Everyway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Divewise Malta
Ranked #1 of 15 Tours in Saint Julian's
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our centre is based within the grounds of the Westin Dragonara Resort in St Julian's leading towards the casino - a fabulous location which is underground in the old workshops that were built in the times of the Knights of St John and have lots of character....Made the best use possible of these beautiful features with a modern twist and have an office, reception, small shop area, kit room, compressor room and classroom - outside we have plenty of room with fabulous wash/dry/storage facilities, good seating and shaded areas with drinks and snacks machines - 50 meters walk to the sea pool and house reef
Staffordshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic Dive Centre, Fantastic People, Fantastic in Everyway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Before visiting Malta a few weeks ago i wanted to sort out some Technical dives before I got there so I knew what i would be doing. I sent various emails to different places and straightaway received a reply from Divewise. They have a specific technical side called Techwise but both arms of this great operation are run from the same site by Alan and Viv Whitehead. Alan and Viv are a fantastic couple and a great compliment to each other in the precision way the organisation is run. Alan's knowledge is second to none. just generally chatting to and from the divesites you learnt so much without really realising you were being taught.

The equipment on both the recreational and technical side was all top notch branded gear. Also for those taking their own equpiment there is washing, drying and secure storage facilities so no more carting wet stuff back to the hotel room!!

The divesites are all selected according to your taste and requirements. Before even arriving Alan had created a package specifically tailored to by needs. This included divesite desciptions, recommended gases and a package price.

Upon arriving at Divewise on the first afternoon to check in and complete the necessary paperwork VIv made me very welcome. I had a guided tour to include kit area, classrooms, compressor room and kit storage. Following this Viv suggested various places to eat and gave us a card which entitled us to varying degrees of discount, every place suggested was fantasic.

Nothing is too much trouble for Divewise and if catering with a large group booking or an individual like myself everything is carried out with precesion, care and expertise.

I would wholeheartedly recommend Divewise/Techwise for any diving requirements you have from doing a starter DSD right up to CCR and everything in between.

I know I have mentioned VIv and Alan but i also had the pleasure in doing my orientation dive with Steve who was a great ambassador to the company. Many other staff work there who are all friendly and helpful and made everything run so smoothly.

With this being the best there is no need to try the rest....... book all your diving requiremnts now through Divewise?Techwise.

• Polish first
“Top class Dive School!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Had an amazing time, Excellent service from the team at Divewise, well organised trips and very professional and friendly staff! Special thanks to Sarah and Steve for helping me complete my AOW. Look forward to visiting again as soon as possible

London
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Friendly, professional and well equipped”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Had previously dived with Divewise doing my advanced open water, so this was a return visit. We were picked up at the hotel in the morning & dropped back after our dives. The two instructors/dive masters were very friendly, helpful, and yet laid back enough to keep the holiday spirit.

We did two dive in Valletta harbour; one refresher dive & one on a wreck. There wasn't too much life to see & the wreck inside the harbour wasn't all that interesting, but weather (windy!) and experience level (we were three in the group) limits the options of where to go a little so this is not Divewise's fault. I think we still managed to make the most out of it, and had an enjoyable time. Next time I'm back in Malta I'll go see them again.

Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Another great time at Dive Wise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is the second time I have here. The communication is brilliant, exchanging emails, getting things sorted, and answering all my questions. They were kind enough to pick me up from the airport, which was really handy, as dive kit can weigh a fair bit.
Their professional and friendly approach is what brings me back, and the great level of training I received. This is a centre which really go the extra mile to accommodate your needs and work with you to make things happen.
Already looking forward to when I can return :)

Visited February 2013
Is-Swieqi, Malta
“professional and friendly dive school”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

We chose Divewise to be our diving school by recommendation found in finnish diving site (www.snorkkeli.net).

It was great from start to finish (from end of September 2012 to late January 2013). When we called Viv about when could we start our first course, she invited us to come to the dive center the same day. We were supposed to do only open water course, but had such a good time that we ended up doing also advanced open water, deep, wreck, nitrox and dry suit -courses.

All instructors were friendly and professional (Thanks to all, especially Darrel and Steph), and made diving fun and safe.

Visited September 2012