“One of my favorite restaurants”
Review of 1927

1927
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Love the bragioli and the cozze!!!! We always come here two or three times while in Malta! Food is always great and constant quality.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

A local experience with excellent maltese meal. A great & smily service. Booking recommended. Romantic place too.

1  Thank Fred_UK_111
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We have passed this place a lot and not really given it much thought as it doesn't stand out at first glance.

I was so impressed by the food I wanted to write a review and now I am, I discover it has some great write ups! No surprises there. This is a not so hidden, but not obvious gem.

The quality was fabulous and for a very reasonable price. The service and view (we sat outside) were excellent. Currently our favourite restaurant in Malta.

I had the seafood linguini and only had a starter size for my main course after seeing the size of the portion the lady next to me was given. Huge! My partner had a pork chop which came with rosemary home made chips and salad. The "chop" was more like a T bone steak and the most tender and tasty either of us could remember.

I can't recommend this place enough. We were lucky we got there early and got a table. It took us a minute to notice the rest of the tables were reserved.

Highly recommended :)

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

This place is a proper gem in the bay of st juliens. Everything about it sings of a place that is well run and passionate about food. You are greeted with some free pâté and toast. After that the food and wine are very reasonable but tasty and give you a proper introduction into maltese cuisine. Make the effort it's worth it.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Having tried twice just walking in and failed we booked for the next night and weren't disappointed. Well cooked sensibly priced local cuisine and caring attentive staff. I had wild boar and my wife the bragioli, both were excellent