“So good we had to revisit!”
Review of 1927

1927
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Amazing little Maltese restuarant that we found by chance.

Small, cosy restuarant with a different daily specials menu. Staff are very friendly and helpful with the menu, all meals are freshly cooked to order, flavours, and presentation are first class and the prices are very reasonable.
If I return to Malta I will certainly return to 1927.

1  Thank wallibobs

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was our second visit to St Julian's but first to 1927. It soon became our favourite restaurant and returned 2 further times.

Food was excellent and prices very reasonable. Not the biggest menu but Great flavours and fresh food. Very friendly staff.

Back in Malta in September and can't wait to eat at 1927 again.

1  Thank PaulCD99
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Our airport transfer recommended this restaurant, also found it on TripAdvisor. The service is impeccable, the food very, very tasty. The first night I had rib eye steak which was perfect medium rare, my wife had bagioli. Second night I had bagioli and my wife had the lamb cutlets. Our meals came with roast potatoes, or hand cut chips with garlic. We opted for the seasonal vegetables. The complimentary pâté starter and limoncello were a nice touch. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We have eaten at 1927 on a number of occasions and have always been delighted with not only the quality of the food but also the very high standard of service. We ate there last Sunday lunchtime and the squid was fantastic. If you haven't tried 1927 you don't know what you are missing.

1  Thank Linda C
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We had researched 1927 and had chosen it as a good place to celebrate Christmas Eve whilst we were on our 10 day trip to Malta and Gozo and our hotel had booked a table for us months in advance. What a disappointment for us when we had to cancel at the last minute at 5pm on Christmas Eve due to an unfortunate incident. I went to inform the owner and saw that it was only a relatively small restaurant. I felt a little guilty for letting him down at such short notice. He kindly offered me a glass of his favourite wine on the house whilst we discussed the problem. I left feeling better thanks to his kind understanding of the problem and his typical Maltese hospitality.
Luckily we stayed an extra night in Malta and we were able to go back and enjoy a fabulous meal at 1927. They were very busy because a local taxi firm with 12 of their employees were having their Christmas party, This speaks volumes for their reputation, the quality of their food and its value for money.
The restaurant is run by a local family who serve up good, wholesome, local rustic food which we loved. We had the antipasti to share as a starter which was different to the run of the mill antipasti with more local and unusual produce. For main course we had veal chops and rabbit stew. Both were excellent but the portions are huge so be aware.
Everyone was very friendly and accommodating and when we go back to Malta, 1927 will definitely be on the top of our list for a return visit.

1  Thank andy b