“The best value for a good quality meal in st julians”
Review of 1927

1927
Ranked #12 of 342 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Can't fault 1927 ate there with my partner last night.
Food. Excellent we both started with the soup of the day, broccoli which was rich and creamy.I had slow roast lamb as a main cooked to perfection. My partner had the riccota ravioli, again excellent. We washed down what we ate,neither of us could clear our plates,I had to leave some delicious roasts and veg behind, with a bottle of carravaggio Cabernet franc on offer at 11 euro !!.total bill 38 euro !.
The place itself had a nice family atmosphere and authentic feel about it as opposed to some of the newer places we have eaten in which can seem a little too pretentious.
Highly recommend 1927

Reviewed April 15, 2011

Along with all the other reviews my wife and I agree that this place is brilliant. Yes there are better locations by the water front and they are okay but as always they cost more, tend to be impersonal and you just get what you order. At 1927 there is lovely atmosphere and attention to detail with little extras thrown in. More significantly, my wife is glutton free, Rubin and Kevin went to the trouble to ensure that her dietary needs were met so she could enjoy a range of dishes, even down to wheat free rolls. ( Obviously you need to book and tell them beforehand) We tried a few other places and nothing came close. We ate there several times and felt like we friends by the end of our holiday. In short, if you want a good place to eat at a very reasonable cost then go there. - it is popular with the locals which is always a good sign.

Reviewed April 6, 2011

service not bad
duck pasta not alot of duck abit dry
fish in breadcrumbs frozen birdseye is better
rabbit dish ok
wine ok

Reviewed March 29, 2011

We visited 1927 after seeing reviews on trip advisor, we were also recommenced to eat here by our hotel Hotel Juliani which is situated just next door.
It's quite easy to miss as it is situated next to a bar and looks like it would be part of the same bar but there is a sign 1927 right beside the front door. Another thing to note is that booking is essential, we were told to book by our hotel and were so glad that we did as numerous people were sent away due to not having reserved - the restaurant is quite small which also stresses the need for booking.
The food was fantastic, I had the mussels dish which I could not fault and tasted extremely fresh. My husband had the spaghetti which he could not fault and also could not finish due to the size of the portion. With 2 wine and soft drinks the bill came to a very reasonable EURO26.
Would definitely recommend and would come back time again!

Reviewed February 27, 2011

its a small place, and its apparently well known, so you better make a reservation.
The food was good (but to excellent if lacked to the final little something. We had an excellent Malta red wine (Ulysees, Shiraz, 2009 from Gozo) which I absolutely recommend.
The vol au vent with mushrooms and chorizo was very nice too. The duck breast was very tender and tasted good. The house antipasti did almost consist of meat only - not our taste. Attention, if you same as us, do not eat rabbit, better tell them to remove the rabbit liver first.
The mussels were ok. The salad and vegetables ok too.

Try the local dessert (do no t remember the name) which is made of ricotta cheese with dried fruits and marzipan outside. Its very interesting and better than you would assume from the ingridients.

1  Thank floonline