“Not the usual Hard Rock experience”

Hard Rock Cafe Malta
Ranked #81 of 341 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We love all things awesome, including, but not limited to, great food, tattoos, rock 'n' roll, incredible design, Angus Young, baldness, Bruce Springsteen, sleeping, cool clothes, mohawks, geeks, Al Green, and breakfast. Follow us for a backstage pass into the world of music.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

After being underwhlemed by the Valetta branch the day before on my birthday, we discovered we were only 5 mins away from a second branch of Hard Rock and decided to give them another go. This one was in the heart of Paceville and so we had higher expectations.
On entering, we were greeted and seated about halfway down the restaurant, which is very long and thin! I knew what I wanted, the veggie burger i had wanted the night before at the other branch, which they had run out of. On ordering, I was told that they too didn't have this item. I was really disappointed to be honest - as a pescatarian, there's not too much choice for me as it is on the Hard Rock menu, and having had pasta the night before, I didn't want it again. To be honest, I was on the verge of walking out, until my husband reminded me about the fish and chips on the menu.
Our server was pretty underwhelming, there was none of the usual Hard Rock fun and personality.They weren't really too bothered by the fact that I was struggling to order, and the wine we ordered too a while to arrive, which isn't really acceptable when there are only about 4 other tables full!
The food was fine but nothing special, it didn't seem as well presented or cooked as I am used to. There was no atmosphere here at all, the music was turned down low, and it was just boring, to be honest. I wouldn't return, to here or the Valetta branch. A let down.

1  Thank Laura S
Adolf V, Public Relations Manager at Hard Rock Cafe Malta, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Hi,
Thank you for your review on our Cafe and again for the review on our Bar too.

We are very sorry for your experience and

Re Veggie Burgers - as you know the Bar is small and because of this we have one Kitchen which doe food preparations. So if one thing is missing from the Cafe kitchen will be missing from the Bar too.

In addition, most of the items like the Veggie Burger are prepared in-house and from scratch and unfortunately on those days we lacked good quality sweet potato, which is one of the main ingredients in the Veggie Burger.

Re Atmosphere - we have sent you a private message and would like to have more details on this. Immediate actions will be taken as soon as we have more details from your side, please. We have set standards on these and we would like to continue to improved on this, especially with reviews like yours.

Thanks again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,493)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had a drink here over Christmas last year.It is a typical hard rock cafe.Service was good and the food menu was the usual food of burgers etc.We did not eat here but just come for drinks and the atmosphere.I would visit again when in Malta.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

First visit to this HRC. Used priority seating and advised that it was my Grandaughters 16th birthday celebration and she had chosen HR. Having lived in the US for 8 years we are no strangers to the quality and fun these restaurants usually deliver.

On arrival there was nothing in the diary regarding my online request, I explained to the greeter that it was a 16th birthday celebration and I wanted to make it special, she muttered that she would speak to the manager and see if they could do something with desert.

The place was not busy, fortunatley, as the priority seating had not been received even though I had a confirmation. We were seated at a table that neither my wife nor I could get both legs under at the same time, but the kids were excited so complaining was not on my agenda. We were told our server would be with us, eventually after about 10 minuets we were joined by a very miserable looking server who wanted to take our order, I asked if we could order drinks first, which we did after another 10 min wait. The drinks took a further 10 mins to arrive. Anyway, to get to the point, the food order was made, the kids said theirs was OK but not brilliant, my wife had a cheese and bacon burger and I had a Legendary, the server when taking the order had not asked how we would like our burgers cooked, always a warning sign that it will arrive overcooked.....and they did dry tough and hard to eat so we didn't. Our plates were cleared with no questions asked as to why we had left so much, I asked for the bill, no effort was made to provide any kind of desert or recognise the birthday.

One good thing was the Nachos we shared except for the rip off beef strips that were added which must have been left from an old joint of beef, was disgraecful. This restaurant could not deliver on a quite Sunday evening goodness knows how bad it will get in the height of the summer.....be warned.

1  Thank Andrew L
Adolf V, Public Relations Manager at Hard Rock Cafe Malta, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your time and review of our Cafe. We strive to combine a casual dining environment, outstanding service and a fun atmosphere. We apologize that your visit fell short of our usual high standards and failed to meet your expectations.

Please be assured that we take your comments seriously and have already begun to use them to build a better experience for all of our guests such as below;

Priority Seating Tool: The notification was not working. We updated. Now and it`s up and running again.
Legendary Burgers: Our standard was to serve Medium Well all burgers unless requested, but again since your comment we discussed it and we are asking cooking preference.

Server: Looks like you didn`t liked our server looks, however please rest assured that constant Hard Rock training, food handling and any other sanitary measures are always a must to work with us.

Again, we thank you for your comments and hope we can welcome you back on our island and at Cafe soon.

Thanks.

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Whilst travelling Europe, I have visited several HRC's, this one would have to be the most boring.

It lacked the usual atmosphere. The music you could hardly hear.

Whilst the staff was friendly and attentive, I wasn't told of items lacking on a menu ordered meal ie. sour cream.

I have been there once, but it is definitely not worth another visit.

1  Thank fagone

Hi,

Thank you for your review. We apologize that your visit fell short of our usual high standards and failed to meet your expectations.

Trust me that each review is essential to improve visitors experience and we will use this the best we can.

Thank you again and hope we can convince you that we are worth another try and party with us.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

went there for lunch on tuesday staff were very friendly and polite, considering it is a fast food outlet food was very fresh and good value for money. Cocktails are a bit on the high side!!

HI,

Thank you very much for your time and courtesy in your review. Trust me, Hard Rock is not fast food anymore if it was anytime! Our Chef and his team take serious time to cook everything from scratch and everything is prepared in-house, even sauces.

We acknowledge any comments and we always use them to improve our customer experience. As per cocktails, please appreciate that we use only premium brands for our cocktails.

Looking forward to host you back soon.