“Good value for money & perfect location.”
Review of Gorgianis Hotel

Gorgianis Hotel
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Saint Julian's
London, United Kingdom
“Good value for money & perfect location.”
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Anybody looking for a budget three star hotl in the St. Julians' area, this hotel is centrally located & great value for money. The staff were all so friendly and helpful. The hotel have free Wi-fi everywhere. The hotel is clean & the rooms are cleaned on a daily basis. The breakfast is at the hotel's restaruant opposite the hotel. The breakfast is simple but good. At night time the location of the hotel can get busy as its very close to the night life but that was ideal for us as the clubs, restaurants & entertainment were walking distance. I would defineity go to this hotel again, maybe next time I will try in summer as there is a nice beach in the roas of the hotel

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank FelFel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gozo
Reviewed March 2, 2011

i always use this hotel when I visit Malta for a couple of days. Everything is close to this hotel, the beach, restaurants, shopping, bus stop & nightlife. The Hotel is clean & the staff are friendly. It is very good value for money. Ideal hotel to stay in for a couple of days.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank michaelGozo
Spain
Reviewed December 14, 2010

During the month of October I had to attend a conference in Malta.
Since I had to book and pay from my allowance I booked at Hotel
Gorgianis next door to the conference Venue. I found that the hotel wasvery clean,
friendly staff who speaking various languages. The Gorgianis is good value for money
and worth staying there.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank manuel_rod101
Stuttgart
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Location:
Accomodation lies in St. Julians / Malta, Triq Santu Wistin
One part of Gorgianis lies in St. Julians - Triq Santu Wistin, another part shows to Paceville (alleyway) with all its hustle and bustle from discotheques, bars, gentlemen clubs and so on. Rooms are partially oriented in these directions. Rooms directed to Paceville are most loudest in nights, because windows open directly to the bars. Other rooms are build above the localities. Both situations cause much noise.
Gorgianis is beside Hotel Intercontinental with 5 stars
Hotel is close to St.George's Bay with the small, coarse sand beach imported from Jordan
All around it was very noisy in June 2010 - day and night. While day time especially cars and many construction lots around produce noise constantly, while night these are the open bars, discotheques and other fun locations.

Accomodation:
Simple furnished rooms - mostly pine wood furniture in more or less poor condition, dark lamps, not enough chairs in the room (two people in a room with three beds had only one chair), stony flooring (no carpets anywhere), minimum noise protection
Ordinary locks at the doors
Defective parts, like not working air conditioner, windows which could not be opened/closed properly, unreliable elevator, broken beds, back damaging mattresses and much more
Clean facility
Towels, remote control for TV, breakfast coupons for breakfast in a restaurant on the other side of the street and others can be asked at the 24h counter
Rooms with balcony or terrace which show to inner courtyard or outside to Triq Santu Wistin or alleyway. Inner rooms look against walls and some waste from upper balconies
Accomodation inside is in an awful condition

Recommendation:
This fleabag could be considered for people
* with less money
* who do not demand anything but 4 walls around
* who wants party all night long only three steps behind Gorgianis
* who could sleep while the walls vibrate nonstop until early morning (5-6am)
* who are not sensible for high heels girls and yelling guys arriving on the stony floors within the night
* who like shady animations from 3rd class DJs, i.e. HUGO's
* who will get into contact with other fellow sufferers as Gorgianis in one of the official EF international language school hostels
* and so on

Travel Agency we travelled with:
Expedia
Bargain price (June 5-6, 2010): ~45 EUR / night and room for 2 people incl. simple, distasteful breakfast

Summary:
Gorgianis is not a hotel, but a hostel for especially young people who arrive for a language school trip.
This accomodation is not suitable for families (within this house is absolutely nothing!), people who like silent, recreative places, and others who are sensitive against the described given facts.

In my opinion Gorgianis accomodation is comparable with a camping trip - same loudness, same comfort, lots of happy people around you, BUT: much expensiver as camping. When you camp you can at least decide who may join your tent, but not in Gorgianis when staying for a language school stay with EF they will press you into 3-4 bed rooms.

In late spring we had ~24-26 °C outside. In the room without aircondition it is warm, humid and stuffy.

Some forerunners of the accomation rating also described problems with air conditioning, hazardous to health beds (defective, ultra soft, squeaking matresses). Yes, it´s true, I made this experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Travelist2010

Travelers are raving about these Saint Julian's hotels

Reviewed June 6, 2010

This 'hotel' is not a hotel at all - it's a hostel. It does not deserve any of its 3 stars and those expecting anything other than the eqivalent of a dorm room will be sorely dissapointed. I totally echo the comments of the last reviewer - reception desk looks respectable but only once you get to you room do you realise what you've let yourself in for. When I stayed the air con was broken (again broken parts and awaiting repairs), the guy on reception offered me a remote for the tiny tv instead! The bathroom was obviously supposed to be like a wetroom but putting a hole in the floor tiles under the shower isn't really the same thing. I had 3 single beds to choose from (no doubles or single rooms), found someone else's socks left behing in the cupboard, and the balcony looked out on to an internal wall. Between the noise till 5am and the smell of damp etc I couldn't wait to leave. Avoid.

• Stayed June 2010
2 Thank traveller_675
Malta
Reviewed February 14, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at Gorgianis last night and I want to say it was one of the worst hotel stays I have ever had. Initially when we got there it looked clean and appeared to be a reliable hotel…I was wrong! We got to the room and it was a bit cold, but of course the heater was disassembled for what looked like routine maintenance and just left like that, and even if it wasn’t there was no control for it in sight. We were already unpacked so we just figured we would stick it out… but it got worse. The bed felt like the springs were broken in it and the blankets were not comfortable at all. Again we were already there so we just had to make do. So morning rolled around and we went to take a shower and what we found shocked us. There were no towels no little shampoos….Nothing! What there was plenty of, was cold water. By this time we were not surprised by anything we found. But there was no hot water, not even warm water. Our choices were cold and well…cold. So we had to leave without taking a shower which left us both a little upset. When I went down to the front desk to turn in the key, I decided to file a complaint with the manager. I was addressed by a man that explained that the water heater needed some maintenance but no one was there over the night that could fix it. I didn’t feel that it was a good excuse, if you are running a hotel and the water heater goes out, it shouldn’t matter what time it is, it should get fixed immediately. He told us that they had just fixed it and there should be hot water soon…I was checking out! Why is he telling me this now? I told him that it being fixed now doesn’t help us out seeing as we are already checked out. The whole time we are talking to this guy he is giving us the impression that we are aggravating him. He was unwilling to do anything for us to make up for our problems. So I am writing this. At 40 euro a night I don’t expect the world, but what I do expect are the essentials, and we didn’t get them. I have stayed at hostels in developing countries with better accommodations and service for far less money. I would highly recommend not staying here.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BackPackerWolfy
ireland
Reviewed November 24, 2009

I have just returned from a break to Malta. Firstly i would not call this a hotel its more a hostel even though it is advertised as a three star hotel. On arrival we were greeted by a friendly receptionist but thats where my liking for this hotel ended. The beds were so thin you could feel and hear the springs as you moved, the wardrobes were more like lockers. Both the patio door lock and toilet seat were broken and a list of rules for studens who had previously stayed in the room. On returning to the room later that evening having left a late bar we were greeted to the bar continuing in our room as the hotel (hostel) is attached to a niteclub with the music continuing after 4am At 7am in the morning we were woken by a jackhammer going off in what felt like the bedroom but was in fact the building next door. The plus for this hotel was its staff who were very friendly and the tour bus stop was close by. Sadly i would not recommend this hotel to friend or family.

• Stayed November 2009