“One of the best places”

Ranked #12 of 318 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Situated in an old town house in St Julian’s, Peperoncino has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.Inside is decorated in a traditional manner with limestone walls and elegant décor, while the outside terrace area offers fantastic views over Balluta Bay.The food is a blend of Maltese, Sicilian and Italian with other international flavours merged, so combinations are both varied and interesting.
Copenhagen, Denmark
“One of the best places”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

One of the best restaurants in Malta. Delicious food, amazing and professional service, great atmosphere. They even do my favorite italian Aperitif. I would recommend it to everyone !

• Visited June 2013

• Polish first
Rutland
“Perfect Peperoncino”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Really lovely restaurant - excellent food, service and ambience. Very reasonable prices too. Highly recommended - what else do you need?!

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant experience”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Peperoncino was one of the best restaurants we visited while in Malta. The service and food were genuinely excellent and overall the evening was very enjoyable. Highly recommend.

Budapest
“The Best Choice in Malta”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We saw on Tripadvisor last week, that Peperoncino is one of TOP Maltese restaurant, and we have to say that it is ABSOLUTELY TRUE!
Foods are fresh, really tasteful, waiters are kind and polite. The hospitality is one of the best we have ever had.
You can choose the fresh fish, what you want. They show them to you before the order.
Everything was amazing from the starters to desserts.
The best choice to have a dinner there.
(We were absolutely satisfied with everything, so we returned there twice)

1 Thank HakkaP
“Truly One of the Best Restaurants in Malta......”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Sunday morning I opened the local newspaper on the food section ( my favourite few pages) to find that one of the best food reviewers in Malta went to eat at Peperoncino. His review was very highly of this place , so straight away I persuaded my wife that we have to try it out.
Being that both of us are foodlovers I booked staright away for the next day. Out side they have a lovely terrace which makes you feel cut off from the street.
We were greeted by the manager ( later we found out that his name is igor) who passed us trough a very professional Maltese host and restaurant supervisor (Bernard ) who with a professional flare and with lots of passion for what he does ,sat us down and told us the specials of the day. By this time we were already blown away by the friendliness and welcome that these people offer. For starters I had pasta with fresh tuscan sausage and my wife had fresh local prawns cooked in oriental spices. SIMPLY AMAZING .... for the mains I was suggested to try one of the daily specials the sucking pig that Chef Anton prepares so well and my wife had the fresh local gamberoni... I rarely say this but it was one of the best meals I have ever had . The pig was so nice and tender and my wifes gamberoni was to die for. We were taken on a ride of friendliness , and very dedicated and passionate staff to an extremley fresh and well prepared food. This restaurant have a feel and love for what they do and believe me it really shows. I Highly recommend it to locals and also tourists . Truly one of the best in Malta