“Good Food and Even Better Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Peperoncino Restaurant

Peperoncino Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 301 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Situated in an old town house in St Julian’s, Peperoncino has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.Inside is decorated in a traditional manner with limestone walls and elegant décor, while the outside terrace area offers fantastic views over Balluta Bay.The food is a blend of Maltese, Sicilian and Italian with other international flavours merged, so combinations are both varied and interesting.
Saint Julian's, Malta
“Good Food and Even Better Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been to Peperoncino Restaurant twice in the past two months, both experiences were very good. It's nice to find restaurants where the servers know the true meaning of providing good customer service. The main waiter on duty both times (a gentleman with glasses) was super polite, toasted our health, very informative and generally came across as someone who takes pride in what they do which is really refreshing. On both occasions, the food was extremely good and quite reasonably priced. One tiny improvement that they could work on, is to not allow the staff to smoke outside the main entrance of the restaurant. It doesn't bother me, as I am a smoker, but for someone like my father who is completely anti smoking (and we just so happened to be seated by the door) this was a little off putting. Especially when he kept opening the door to converse with the other staff. It wouldn't stop me from going back though, it's a very good restaurant and I'd recommend to a friend, without a doubt. :)

• Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Nott
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were recommended Peperoncino by a couple staying at our hotel who appeared to have quite delicate and high expectations of the local food. We visited the restaurant on a Friday night which was fully booked (we managed to get the last table). Despite the restaurant and staff being busy, they were very attentive, polite and welcoming. The was food and wine was delicious, with generous portions including the lovely apetitisers. As we were so impressed we returned a few days later to enjoy our last feast in Malta. We could not recommend this restaurant enough, it is evident the staff work hard to please their customers in their approach, delivery and service.

3 Thank R C
Cairns
“Superb food and great service from staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We ate at Peperoncini's on a chilly February night after reading Tripadviser reviews and it was the best meal of our holiday. The atmosphere was rustic - wood and stone decor with impressive wooden ceiling beams. My husband and I both started with thé Soup of the day - mushroom - pure mushroom, NOT "cream of" but the real thing and so delicate yet delicious I could have had another one. Our 14 son who is EXTREMELY fussy had thé lamb chops fried in a mild olive oil and lemon sauce - he felt like eating pure méat- and it came with cous-cous on the side. He is normally the kind of kid who likes plain food but he devoured the whole lot and said he loved it. My husband had the chef's special - chicken stuffed with sundried figs and I had the roast vegetable roulade. The 'house special' is suckling pig and rabbit filled hand-made ravioli or octopus risotto. All sound gréât. The service was excellent - attentive, friendly but not overbearing. We finished off with a super banofi pie and home made chocolate ice cream. Portions were all a good plentiful size- not microdot cuisine like you get in some restaurants. The wine list was extensive invcluding Maltese, Italian and French wines and the total came in at a modest 69 Euros- what more can you ask for- PERFECT.

2 Thank maggiedamian
malta
“Most Definitley recommend Peperoncino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Been to Peperoncino a couple of times now. Food is simply fantastic. I am always confused on what to order at Peperoncino. I have always been treated as though I was a king here, from the moment you walk up bay steps. Prices are very reasonable. I will surely be back to Peperoncino. I am missing the Suckling pig, fresh t-bone steak, fresh fish, tried them all. I recommend this place any time

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We went to Peperoncino on Friday night (8/02/2013). We were not massively hungry, so we had just main courses and desserts. We ate Pasta with Sea Urchins and Home made Gnocchi with porcini and walnut sauce. For desserts we had Fig and orange tart and Passion fruit creme brule. And Oh my God, that was food heaven!!!! Loved every bite of everything! The owner and the waiter were fabulous and attentive. Passionate about food and very informative. I cannot recommend this little gem enough!

1 Thank oliwia h