“Awful”

Peperoncino Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 306 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Situated in an old town house in St Julian’s, Peperoncino has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.Inside is decorated in a traditional manner with limestone walls and elegant décor, while the outside terrace area offers fantastic views over Balluta Bay.The food is a blend of Maltese, Sicilian and Italian with other international flavours merged, so combinations are both varied and interesting.
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Awful”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We went on a mid week night and should have realised our mistake immediately. The restaurant was empty at 8pm! The waiter was courteous and friendly and we were lured into a false sense of security. The chef kept coming into the restaurant and going again. We should have known what was to come. We waited and waited for our food so long in fact we had nearly polished off our bottle of wine by the time it had arrived. We had an absolutely appalling meal. My partners food was better than mine to be fair - he did say he was hungry though! Mine was terrible. I had suckling pig, which had been quickly cooked I think, left to cool down and then reheated. Whatever, the result was appalling. My veg cold, gravy a congealed mess and I refused to pay. We had read the other reviews and thought it would be excellent. It may have been an off night to be fair. But we won't be going again to find out!!!!

• Visited February 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
“Had an excellent time. Good food, friendly and attentive staff”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Went with a group of 15. The staff were most welcoming, attentive and helpful. You could tell they had passion. The food was excellent and I would not hesitate to in going there at all. Vegetarian options were limited, but what they had was extremely tasty.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Best steak ever!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is easily the best steak restaurant in the world and I've tried many. Great staff, excellent wine list, and a fabulous location.

Visited February 2012
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“continues to be excellent-service,food,ambience and venue”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had to write this review ,as i visit Peperoncino restaurant with every visit to Malta and i have to say it just gets better in this restaurant .The food is still the best in the whole Sliema and St,Julians area ,Its always fresh and really nicely cooked ,one can taste the fresh local products ,fish is well selected ,very good choice of meat too,daily specials are available ,still the best suckling pig i had anywhere.Staff just makes you part of the place with their welcoming attitude.Always excellent meals and service .A Big Thank You to chef Anton and the whole team who creates this amazing food and ambiance !

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank alexborg
York, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem of Malta....A must on your to do list!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Situated a little off the main street but we were so pleased to have found this restaurant.

We went back 2 nights!

So our first visit, staff very good and informative. The restaurant itself is nice and cosy.

The food, I ordered the fresh fish - striped bream which was perfectly cooked and my husband ordered a special dish which was the fillet beef pasta...washed down with a glass of fizz...perfect.

We went back the night after which was new years eve....this time I went for the fillet of beef and my husband chose the side bass. Having eaten at some of the best restaurants in the world I was so impressed! Honesly one of the best meals Ive ever had and the best meal Ive had in Malta by far.

Price wise, its not cheap but I would say it was value for money. The portion sizes are generous. There are lots of reasonably priced pasta dishes on the menu and plenty of choice. There plenty of wine to choose from and staff are lovely...couldnt ask for more really.

The food is amazing!