“Very nice restaurant”

Ranked #36 of 345 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: Asian, European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: For over a decade, Zest has pioneered the Asian fusion culinary concept in Malta. Boasting some of the best Asian and Continental cuisine on our islands, including exquisite sushi made with fresh, local seafood, Zest's menu will take you on an exciting culinary journey. Every plate perfectly balances Eastern and Western influences-even dessert! Get swept off your feet with delectable dishes from Balinese curries, Indonesian noodles, Japanese teppanyaki and Cantonese dim sums to French lamb sous vide with mango salsa and crème brulées of mandarin and fresh chili. At Zest, no attention to detail is spared including the décor and design that elevates one's dining experience from ordinary to extraordinary. Original architectural details and attractive features, including an open wine cellar and a live-cooking sushi bar, are sure to leave a lasting impression. Zest also enjoys the added bonus of an open-air terrace overlooking romantic Spinola Bay, for which reservations are highly advised-only 14 seats are available in this exclusive location. Year after year, Zest has been voted one of the most popular "best ambience" and "best service" restaurants in Malta by its discerning guests. On these award-winning foundations, Zest has also built a reputation for professional, creative and impeccable outside catering. Whether you are throwing a dinner party for friends at home, a lavish wedding reception for hundreds of guests or an inspiring corporate event, our blend of experience, planning and bespoke attention to detail ensures a successful occasion every time. All this begs the question... Whether for an elegant evening out in the heart of Spinola, or a memorable private event, why not add a little Zest?
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Nice, modern atmosphere. Fusion cuisine combining East and West. We would recommend one of the menus, we chose the Asian menu and it was very good. The service was great.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

It's quite amazing to me to find two restaurants of exceptional quality so close together - you can walk out of Zest and walk into my other favourite which is only yards away. They offer different cuisines but they both share that one common thing that elevates them above the normal standards of eating out: high quality.

For me, Zest offers the highest standards in everything they do - and I would be hard pressed to think of a more so called "expensive" upmarket restaurant that does it better. Service was excellent for us on the night with several different waiters looking after us but all in tune with our needs and with the right level of attention but not fuss.

Reviewing dishes can be problematic - one person's taste buds are tickled by one thing but perhaps it does not tickle another - so I will resist the temptation to plug my favourites from the menu. Let me just say from what I saw on my own table and on other tables looked sublime and what I ate was probably one of the most flavoursome meals I have ever eaten. I cannot imagine that my dishes were one-offs! Whatever is chosen, it's going to be great.

Of course, you do pay for these standards - expecting not to do so is foolish. This is fine dining not a takeaway. However, if you are looking to experience great food from an eclectic East and West mix - and quality matters more than quantity & price, suggest you make that booking now.

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Zest was recommended by a friend in the UK and I ended up staying nearby so had to visit.

Its got a cool atmosphere inside but the balcony is a great spot to enjoy Spinola bay although there are only a handful of tables.

We went for the Asian menu - its a great menu with huge choices. All the food was brilliant although some odd mixs like breads accompanied with sweet chilli dip.

Overall i found it pretty good value though the portions were not huge but good for me.

Service was a bit try to hard and seemed a little unproffesional for the price but it was off season and fairly quiet so maybe why.

A good spot for a romantic meal Im sure!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Wonderful food beautifully presented. A bit pricier than other places in Malta but still good value and as I said excellent. Bon Appetit!

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

A beautiful setting over the bay of spinola the greeting of the staff was impeccable and friendly and a professional welcoming. Unfortunately there seemed to be a problem with staff that particular night. There we problems with the sushi as our starter they got the wrong ones and then from the sushi to the main course was a ridicules amount of time which got to the stage we had to say something, however the stuff of zest were very apologetic and gave us an astonishing discount on the bill and also they gave us a round of drinks and chocolate. However when the the food came it was some of the best food myself and family have had it was full of flavour and colour. Overall we had a lovely time at zest.