“Lovely food”

Ranked #37 of 325 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Cuisines: Asian, European, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: For over a decade, Zest has pioneered the Asian fusion culinary concept in Malta. Boasting some of the best Asian and Continental cuisine on our islands, including exquisite sushi made with fresh, local seafood, Zest's menu will take you on an exciting culinary journey. Every plate perfectly balances Eastern and Western influences-even dessert! Get swept off your feet with delectable dishes from Balinese curries, Indonesian noodles, Japanese teppanyaki and Cantonese dim sums to French lamb sous vide with mango salsa and crème brulées of mandarin and fresh chili. At Zest, no attention to detail is spared including the décor and design that elevates one's dining experience from ordinary to extraordinary. Original architectural details and attractive features, including an open wine cellar and a live-cooking sushi bar, are sure to leave a lasting impression. Zest also enjoys the added bonus of an open-air terrace overlooking romantic Spinola Bay, for which reservations are highly advised-only 14 seats are available in this exclusive location. Year after year, Zest has been voted one of the most popular "best ambience" and "best service" restaurants in Malta by its discerning guests. On these award-winning foundations, Zest has also built a reputation for professional, creative and impeccable outside catering. Whether you are throwing a dinner party for friends at home, a lavish wedding reception for hundreds of guests or an inspiring corporate event, our blend of experience, planning and bespoke attention to detail ensures a successful occasion every time. All this begs the question... Whether for an elegant evening out in the heart of Spinola, or a memorable private event, why not add a little Zest?
Reviewed June 9, 2013

1st class food 1st class atmosphere and 1st class service we are regulars and always eat there at least 5 times a year

There are newer reviews for ZEST

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We came across this place by chance and it was fantastic. The service was brilliant and the food was too. Its a bit more expensive than other restaurants but well worth the money!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

A good menu on paper started off quite promising but failed, I believe, to deliver on both quality and taste. I think the fusion plan is good, in principle, but can leave a kitchen a little out of their depth (sometimes too much going on causes chaos around the cooker!).
Plenty of choice and okay, in an okay sort of way, it was not quite as good as the expectation I had built up. The food was average for the not so average prices, though the service was excellent and very friendly and the venue very nice, and when someone asks me how I want my meat cooked and it doesn't deliver as requested I always get that "why did you bother to ask me feeling" - as experienced here.
After an average first course and less than average main course I was looking forward greatly to a treat of a dessert and with passion fruit as one of my favourites this seemed, to me, to be the obvious choice. However, the restaurant failed to deliver here also. With just a couple of parts to the dish palatable the bad outweighed the good and I should have, like my partner, gone for the bento box of chocolate as he seemed to enjoy every mouthful.
As I say not cheap and perhaps the lack of customers on the night we went gave the kitchen that "couldn't be bothered to put the effort in" feel as I had read some pretty fair reviews before our visit or, perhaps, it was just that my expectations were raised too high. Whichever, I wouldn't list it on my venues for a return visit and it wouldn't reach my personal list of recommendations.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had one meal at this restaurant during our one week stay in Malta and it was the outstanding meal of the week. The service was amazing and the food even better. Well worth it..

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Zest is at the Hotel Juliani where we stayed during our week's holiday in Malta. We dined there on two occasions. The service was friendly and very professional. Before dinner we had a special cocktail created by the bartender at Zest called a Zest Mex. Really delicious! For dinner we started with a mixed tempura, then I went on to sushi which was beautifully prepared by the restaurant's sushi chef. It's impossible to find sushi where we live in Southern England so this was a great treat. My husband, not being a sushi lover, had prawns one evening and a pork cutlet on the second occasion. He thought they were both delicious. There was also a good selection of wines and homemade chocolates with coffee. We were both very impressed by this lovely restaurant and would certainly return when next in Malta.