“Malta's oldest pizzeria still going strong”

Ir Rokna Restaurant and Pizzeria
Ranked #22 of 331 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Is it possible to change our price from to Euro 12 to Euro 26 instead of Euro 26? Thank you
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Simple and genuine ingredients coupled with friendly and efficient service. Good value for money. The longest running pizzeria in Malta still remains one of the best eaterys you can visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,025)

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Came to this restaurant this evening after walking by on numerous occasions and always thinking it was a hotel or an expensive restaurant. Right opposite Arkadia supermarket and the Hilton.

Went in, didnt reserve a table before hand however was advised I could sit anywhere I wanted, and the staff member who greeted me advised the view is better upstairs near the window.

Was given free bread and butter which was a nice touch and the waiter telling me it will go with my starter..

Ordered my starter and got mushrooms in garlic sauce - absolutely amazing and a massive portion so tasty and filling and the bread was amazing to dip in the sauce..

Main, wanted a nice pizza and ordered a veg one, was absolutely massive with so much toppings and cheese and was only just over 8 euros! Was really big and I just about forced myself to finish it but if I went with someone would have definitely shared half each as it sure was huge for just once person so be warned lol

Side ordered potatoe wedges spicy ones, even they were so nice to go with the pizza! Was given the usual ketchup and mayo..

Desert the waiter told me a few options and I didnt know what to choose so he came to show me the lemon cheesecake, was nice of him and it sure was a good choice, tasty and again big portion and filling

Overall 3 courses big ones with a drink for 21 euros, which I could have shared with someone to be fair.

Would highly recommend and definitely go again and will do. Good service and smiles and the Manager smiling and saying hello.

A good experience so far and looking forward to going again.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was the first visit on our arrival into Malta for our wedding and honeymoon. It was a long day and the first place we found while walking around. The service from entry to exit was really good, the staff were friendly and helpful.

The food was also very good, great pizza's and a superb choice on the menu, would certainly go back again and recommend to anyone.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We went the first night of our holiday, thinking it would be ok for a quick fix meal as we had had a long day and were tired. It was so good we went back twice more during our 2 week stay. I ordered ribs - they were massive - I like meat but it was a struggle to finish them. In most restaurants where it mentions dishes with chilli you just get a hint - so we always ask for more to be put in. The waiter asked us on a scale of 1 to 10 how hot we would like it, 8 was our reply and it came out perfect. There is plenty of room but get there early as its one of the busiest places in St Julians. The guys here are very welcoming and will do all they can to make your visit a pleasant one.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We ate here 3 times. The thin crust pizzas were excellent and the wine was sensibly priced and reasonable for this sort of food. Atmosphere was good up and downstairs and very good service. Great for families. If you straw away from pizza/pasta then food is OK but not as good.