“Dissapointment ”
Review of Salt and Pepper

Salt and Pepper
Ranked #276 of 398 Restaurants in Saint Julian's
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful setting for an evening meal. Quick to get you in from the street service very slow, wait for someone to take drinks order, wait for food order to be taken. Our starter was very good salt and pepper muscles, main of rabbit very good, (a lot of tinned peas in the sauce, )the other main swordfish was not so good, I had to send it back as it was all cold ! The meal was changed but not much warmer and swimming in olive oil, just about eatable. I’m currently waiting , yawn! again for a coffee as the waitress who cleared the table couldn’t take the order, never mind we will go elsewhere. Now to wait for the bill.
Would I recommend here No shame

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (402)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It has all the appearance of being a nice restaurant but neither the food nor the service was good. I ordered calamari for starter and it was pure rubber. The steak was inedible. And the only dessert they had on offer was ice cream. I won’t be going back. Many better restaurants, albeit not as a nice a setting, to choose from.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Two different dishes ordered not available. Wine ordered not available - the more expensive bottle was though. The beer ordered not available - but it was in a can - also more expensive. We had to wait an hour for food to arrive and the restaurant was less than half full. We ordered the seafood platter, a salad and the fish. Everything in the platter was over deep fried that it all tasted like oil... the prawns and octopus were covered in sweet chilli sauce that you couldn’t taste them ... the mussels were overdone and there was so many bits of deep fried batter without any seafood. We asked to pay the bill - just so we could leave - when asked how the food was, we told them it wasn’t good and that we had to wait so long. The manager waived the cost for the platter and then when we chose not to leave a tip for service, the waiter started yelling at us and said he just saved us $40 euro. He then went to our table and started yelling at us on the street over all the other patrons .. very embarrassing. We won’t be back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On a recent trip to Malta my wife and I decided to eat here as the location looked good – overlooking the small bay.

It was quite busy, so we thought this is a good sign. We were seated by a pleasant young man who recommended we eat something from the BBQ – I wanted fish and I asked for something off the menu – I was told they didn’t have that – so I went again – again not available – so I asked was there anything else not available – seven items not available.

I had sea bass – and my wife had chicken – the fish to be fair was nice – however it came with poor frozen veg and chips – very average. My wife’s chicken was rubber and couldn’t be eaten – the same frozen veg and chips.

I don’t think I could recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've been with friends, it's a classic place to catch tourists, and well they catch us. It's a wonderful panorama, on the sea, very nice view. Waiters were kind. Food was not that good, nothing bad but not particular. I think there is no sense for the price ending with .90, it's a restaurant, not a supermarket. The only real reason to go is the setting, but it's a worthwhile for a night.