Tripadvisor
Saint Julian's
All reviews rooftop bar pub crawl special thanks privacy curtains cheap drinks great rooftop charging points perfect hostel blue lagoon enjoyed my stay other guests top floor would stay again a great stay comfortable beds location is great bus stop
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

This place is the goods! The rooms are super spacious with your own massive drawer/locker, curtains for your bunk and really comfortable beds. Kitchen is a great size, bathrooms are clean and the artwork on all the walls is sick. But what sets this place apart is the terrace/bar and the amazing staff.

The bar is incredibly priced with great deals, the lounge area is really big with pool and comfortable couches and chairs, the terrace is incredible and spread over 2 floors with a sick view of St Juliens/Paceville.

I was there for my birthday with my friends and the staff were legends - ended up partying with them each night and they guided us around town and just made it a sick time.

Everyone was amazing, but special shout out to Gemma who was a bloody winner. Ridiculously friendly, was awesome behind the bar and stuck it out with us in town each night! Had heaps of fun with her and she's a real asset to the hostel.

Thanks team! You guys were the perfect addition to our trip and we'll be back for sure!

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed January 17, 2020

Really enjoyed my stay here. From the moment I went through the door it already had cool vibes about the place. Welcomed by a great guy called Chorche who checked me in! Such a friendly chap - bonded really quickly and gave me loads of tips on the area and what to see and do (with bus numbers & routes included) and genuinely felt like he cared about what I was up to and if there were any issues; almost tailored my experience which was really really helpful for someone who hadn't done that much research on the island! The rooms were clean and cleaned daily. Showers were decent & even have a sink in the rooms to easily brush our teeth and wash our faces in. The beds were comfy and got a decent night's sleep. Great if you're staying a couple of nights. Thanks Chorche for making it a great friendly stay! P.S The terrace is sooo nice at night!

Room tip: Ideal location for St Julian's
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed December 23, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the Marco Polo for seven days. The hostel is wonderfully clean and well-organized, but the main highlight is the wonderful staff. Always up for a chat, ready with great advice about sights or places to eat. Great experience.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 21, 2019

I stayed at Marco Polo hostel for one week with my water polo team (on a training camp). The hostel was a brilliant base for us, and made our trip very easy and comfortable. The dorms are spacious (with comfy beds!), it was very easily accessible from the airport and the kitchen facilities were great (more spacious than other hostels I’ve visited). The terrace was a good place to chill out, the bar had great prices and it’s only 2 minutes away from the main party street. The staff were all super friendly and helped make the trip as good as it was. Would highly recommend for groups or solo travellers!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2019

Amazing hostel super cool paintings on all the walls great bar and social vibes. A special Thanks to Alessandro and the rest of the staff for making it such a great experience. Everyone was really friendly. Definitely recommend

Date of stay: November 2019
MPmalta, Front Office Manager at Marco Polo Malta, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2019

Thank you very much Lucy, very happy you enjoyed the place! Will see where we meet next time, was great to meet again :)

Alessandro