“Great food, Friendly service & affordable price!”
Review of Wigi's Kitchen

Wigi's Kitchen
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A little family run restaurant named after Louis, set in the heart of the popular Balluta Bay, overlooking the water as located just above street level. We offer FRESH ingredients, FRESH fish & FRESH meat steaks offering different ideas & recipes complimenting the daily change of the lunch & dinner menu. The aim is to make one's meal a memorable one every time one dines at Wigi's!
Reviewed December 4, 2013

As I always state, I am not a very good reviewer when it comes to restaurants.
But as I’m staying quite often and for several nights, I figured I could share my experience of some Maltese places.

Wigi’s Kitchen in St Julian reviews are probably to good to be true.
That is what I thought when I browse TA to find a restaurant close to my hotel, Le Meridien.

Well, as it was confirmed by my friend, we decided to go there with my step-daughter.
My first visit was on November 19th 2013 and after this visit, I confirm it was absolutely great.
We were lucky as I could book a table for three and they were not (Yet) fully booked.
But during the first 30 minutes we were there, the place filled up completely.
First advice: call!

Of my first visit I will highlight the super friendly staff.
The meal, of the first visit, was also fantastic: simple, tasty, fresh.

My first impression of this place is that it is indeed simple, but gives what most of us are expecting: nice contact with the staff, perfect food, affordable prices and very good service.

I was so happy with this first experience that I went back a couple of days later, with other colleagues.
That second visit was very nice too. Same friendly service and quality food.

Conclusion: if you like good and tasty food and a nice service but don’t expect a gastronomical dinner or a trendy atmosphere, go for it, you couldn’t be disappointed.

All the best,
Stephane

There are newer reviews for Wigi's Kitchen

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I'd booked Wigis as it was ranked number 1 on trip adviser and wanted to make sure I booked somewhere nice while in Malta for my 10th wedding anniversary. I'd booked by emailing and he secured a table by the window over looking the sea I also asked if he could arrange some flowers. I got there the table was ready and as we sat down he came over with a bouquet of flowers. The prices range from €18 to €25 for a main starters €6 to €8 although they were a little naughty and offered me something not on the menu for a starter which turned out to be €13 which is a little pricey for a starter he did that for the main so glad I didn't fancy it as god knows how much that would have been. The steak was amazing and the veg which came with it also. Pudding was nice but not a massive choice

1  Thank Martyn B
lovewigisfood, Manager at Wigi's Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Sir, we are very happy you enjoyed dining with us. It was bad of me not tell you the cost of the Foie Gras starter which unfortunately is a little pricey to buy, you are right. It is not something we normally serve on a weekly basis yet my wish was to make your 'date' a very special one. Regarding the fresh huge meat steaks :) the prices vary between €18 & €25 which includes the cost of the veg / salad & potatoes. We hope you will come visit us again. Very best wishes, Beppe

Reviewed December 2, 2013

The place is nice. Second floor with a view to the sea. As as starters I had rabbit ravioli which at that point I rated good (later I had excellent ones at an other place so these were really just average). As a main course I had beef and that was really Excellent. I mean, of the best I have had during last 10 years. Then it was time for dessert and it was just something from the factory.
We had a large group and maybe because of that the service was a bit lost but no one was left without food or drink.
Overall, as said, the place is nice and I liked the way it worked and mainly because of that Excellent beef, I definitely would go here again if visiting Malta.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I came here without a reservation and immediately got a table. Food was prepared very quickly. I wholeheartedly enjoyed the ossobucco and a nice glass of wine. Prices were higher than in other places I visited during my stay in Malta, but quality was also a notch above the others.

I would recommend this if you want to make a dinner a bit more special than usually.

1  Thank Taxin M
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Wigi's Kitchen is a gem in Malta. Finally I have found people passionate about food in the St. Julians area. The service is friendly, the restaurant has a nice view and the food is excellent. I had a veal dish which was cooked perfectly and a Sicilian cheese cake for dessert, yummy yummy! Will definitely visit again.

1  Thank eddy4711