“Simply The Best Restaurant Of Malta”
Review of Wigi's Kitchen

Wigi's Kitchen
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A little family run restaurant named after Louis, set in the heart of the popular Balluta Bay, overlooking the water as located just above street level. We offer FRESH ingredients, FRESH fish & FRESH meat steaks offering different ideas & recipes complimenting the daily change of the lunch & dinner menu. The aim is to make one's meal a memorable one every time one dines at Wigi's!
London, United Kingdom
“Simply The Best Restaurant Of Malta”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Every single of the many meals I had in Wigi's over the last years has been truely outstanding. The menu changes on a daily basis depending on what is freshly available from local producers.
Last Saturday evening, the beef carpaccio starter I had was of great quality, nicely seasoned with a vinaigrette sauce, decorated with some parmesan shavings and Rucola leaves. As a main, I chose the tuna filet steak, which was cooked just the way I like it best: nicely grilled on the outside, blue on the inside. For desert, I deviated from my protein loaded intentions and indulged in a big delicious banoffee pie which I am still dreaming off a few days later.
The wine list has steadily improved over the years and has a combination of the good local wines, exciting and great value lesser known old world wines as well as a few new world classics.
Value for money at this restaurant is excellent and if you ask nicely, one or two glasses of limoncello are on the house (which is my favorite part).
Whenever I am in Malta, I always try to pay this restaurant a visit!

• Visited February 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
“Top quality fresh food and good service”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have been many times at Wigi's over the last 5 years and I am impressed about the consistency of the quality of the fresh fish and meat. The service is special as the owner and waiter have a very charismatic personality. Many locals go there which makes it very lively. Love it!

2 Thank Carsten2079
Sliema
“Great restaurant, worth a visit”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Wigi’s one of my favourite restaurant to visit. Why, because both food and service are of high quality and its location offers fantastic sea view.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Terence M
“amazing lunch”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We only had a couple of minutes to eat a quick lunch before rushing to a meeting, knowing our situation when booking a table one of the gentle staff offered to take our order over the phone and luckily made it on time. It was the fastest lunch ever and the meat was ever so tender and tasty. Pity we had no time for more. My colleague was impressed too. Well done Wigi's, you shall be seeing us again.

Visited February 2013
Sliema
“29th December misery....the day after the night before”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Contrary to my post of Dec 28th, and perhaps i was too eager in giving a write up but, i have to retract most of the comments due to being terribly sick the following morning.
I had vomit and diarrhea from 8am til 3pm and can only attribute this to the steak i ate barely 12 hrs earlier. Looking back now, when they brought out the steaks to choose from, there was no shine or gloss to them and i can only assume the steaks were not refridgerated enabling bacteria to gather.
Im sure this restaurant appeals to many and i hope im not putting people off but perhaps check the fresh meats for that shine you should expect before you decide to eat it.
Needless to say due to my experience i would not visit again nor could i recommend, sorry.

• Visited December 2012